Thread: Increase flow in Triumph nib

Thanks

Default Increase flow in Triumph nib

I have a Sheaffer Sentinel with a medium Triumph nib which has a rather poor flow. I am currently using Diamine Sherwood Green which flows decently in my other pens. If this was a regular nib, I could adjust the flow by manipulating how the nib sits on the feed. Does anyone know how you do that with a Triumph nib?

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Increase flow in Triumph nib

That's a tough one. Maybe Ron Zorn will see this and chime in (he isn't here on a regular basis...)

If it is really an issue, and it were my pen, I'd probably end up removing the section and putting the entire section/feed/nib into an ultrasonic cleaner for a few rounds. After that was done and seemed like it had cleaned out as much internals as possible, I'd probably try cleaning the feed channel from the rear; for this, I use very fine piano wire / guitar strings. Poking that through to make certain there are no blockages. I'd also consider carefully using some brass shim stock to clear the feed and nib in the front.

Those are about the only things I can think of. I don't know if you can successfully spread the tines of the nib while it is on the section. Those nibs are usually so thick and strong that it would be hard to pull it open. If it was down to the nib, you might have to disassemble the nib and feed to work on it.

That's the thoughts off the top of my head.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Default Re: Increase flow in Triumph nib

I appreciate it. I was afraid that the answer might be as you said, taking the section apart and making sure everything was clean, perhaps even opening up some of the ink channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk