Thread: FS: DIP PEN STAND/DESK ORGANISER WITH 2 PENS - EAST AFRICAN AIRWAYS CIRCA 1945-1977

Thanks

Default FS: DIP PEN STAND/DESK ORGANISER WITH 2 PENS - EAST AFRICAN AIRWAYS CIRCA 1945-1977

Hi all,

Desk dip pen stand / organiser branded with East African Airways logo and 2 dip pens. East African Airways operated between 1945-1977 and was run jointly by Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.

The stand has a paper niche that fits business cards, larger Postit pads, etc., two pen holders that swivel, couple of bays to place pens, paperclips, etc., and two inkwells marked red and black. The ink wells have sliding covers which open and close smoothly.

It comes with red and black dip pens. The stand is made of plastic with a marble finish. The pen bodies are solid plastic.

It has not been used as you can see from the interior of the inkwells and pen nibs. There is some corrosion at the base of the right hand pen holder. The underside has some markings. The stand is not damaged in any way e.g. chips, broken edges, etc. Does not come with a box.

Selling $50 AUD or best offer plus shipping to anywhere in the world.

Unsure if something like this is of interest to anyone, or even if it's the last one around. Just trying to avoid landfill.

If you pay by Paypal, EFT, etc. and if they take a %, you will have to cover it.

Spear any questions across Bwana.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mustang Mars For This Useful Post:

Barry B. Gabay (January 29th, 2020), carlos.q (January 29th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: FS: DIP PEN STAND/DESK ORGANISER WITH 2 PENS - EAST AFRICAN AIRWAYS CIRCA 1945-19

That is so cool! What an interesting piece of history. No connection to seller, but I'm a genuine fan of historical fountain pens. Good luck with your sale.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry B. Gabay For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (January 29th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: FS: DIP PEN STAND/DESK ORGANISER WITH 2 PENS - EAST AFRICAN AIRWAYS CIRCA 1945-19

Yes it is Barry. I'd love to keep and use them, but don't have the desk space. 2 teenagers and wife who's a teacher have taken over with their stuff. I'm squeezed into a corner where they dump their redundant material and then accuse me of being messy. Life!

My family were in Kenya for 30+ years and I was born there. Came to Australia in 1978 and this item came with us.
    Last edited by Mustang Mars; January 29th, 2020 at 02:15 PM.