Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
Quote Originally Posted by penmainiac View Post
I did a butt load of research, but thank you for the warning and concern, I definitely will be very careful with my pen, I only bought the polish as you yourself recommended such, and so did other more experienced collectors such as Mr.Larry on Larry’s Fountain pens. I am aware that I should probably send it to MB for official care, but I do want to keep the parts of the pen original as possible.
Fair enough! Look, I'm not meaning to jump on you. My research comment related to your comment to the effect that "well, polish didn't remove the scuffs so we'll see about the cloth"... By now you should have figured out that the cloth is easily *less* abrasive than any polish, so hardly likely to affect the scuffs. Perhaps just wishful thinking, but my point was to really understand what each of these things actually *do* before you use them on a pen. And not because I want to hammer you, but to prevent anything bad from happening, that's all.

I've heard enough stories about MB changing out parts that I concur with your method!
I understand you mean well, and I thank you for that, you’re advice is much appreciated, truly. I gave in and tried the abrasive step “0” and now my 35+ yr old pen looks like it just came off the production line. I thank you for your previous recommendation, this polish works like a charm, I am now applying step “2” which will prevent it from further damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk