Thread: You know what I'm hating? And what I'm liking?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default You know what I'm hating? And what I'm liking?

No? Ok - I'll tell you. The current office environment. In the old days (not that long ago), everyone seemed to either have an office or their own desk. Now with the push for ABW (Activity Based Working) you don't have a permanent desk anymore. You just sit wherever there's a desk available. You get a locker to keep your stuff in when you go home. So this means I can't leave my desk accessories in place e.g. desk set, stapler, etc. Annoying. Let's not start on the push to go paperless...... I'm an FP user. I need PAPER a-hole!!!!! Grrrrrrrr

I go to meetings with my book whilst everyone else turns up with a device of some sort. So they call me a wanker, firstly for using FPs, and then for taking too long to issue the meeting minutes as I have to type them up - whilst they just type them up as the meeting progresses. I tell them I'm being respectful and courteous by maintaining eye contact and listening to what they are saying; rather than looking at a device and typing.

This is the like part. Whilst you people are squabbling about 50c or some other BS, I'll just enjoy the feel of the nib running across paper, wonder if the ink is laying down too wet, should I change colour for the next meeting, which FP shall I cycle next, is my M nib too broad for the paper, wish this would end so I can have a piss and a smoke, etc. Bwahahahahahahaha Oh yeah, better get on with those minutes. Bwahahahahahah

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mustang Mars For This Useful Post:

countrydirt (February 12th, 2020), Kulprit (February 13th, 2020)