Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ON THE HUNT FOR A 149

Thanks

Default Re: ON THE HUNT FOR A 149

The pen looks superb, excellent result. Its always a leap of faith buying a pen over the internet but it looks to have really worked this time.

I must admit that I am jealous of that pen case too. nice one.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fermata View Post
    The pen looks superb, excellent result. Its always a leap of faith buying a pen over the internet but it looks to have really worked this time.

I must admit that I am jealous of that pen case too. nice one.
    Yes, this looks like a great pen and I hope it writes well for many years to come.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thank you all

Nice forum you have here with lots of very helpful pen lovers

I appreciate it

Thanks

Congratulations JParanee. That is a beauty! Have I become redundant in my praise of 149s from 1952 through ca. 1983/84? Oh well, we all have our favorites. I like those made since 1985 just fine too. Hope you enjoy it for many years. The last solid ebonite feeds I saw on new 149s (the feed you have) were in 1980.

Aurore, what a kind thing to say, and how wrong you are. I have forgotten so much about everything, but thankfully knowledgeable people keep me in line. Zaddick, FredRydr, Sia (vintagemontblancpens.com) and others constantly fill in my gaps, and I appreciate it. Chrissy knows far more about contemporary Montblancs than I ever will. I once heard the poet Philip Levine introduce his wife to the audience as "my memory." The same is true in our family.

We all try to help one another learn more about this entertaining addiction.
    Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.
    Best wishes,
    Barry

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry B. Gabay For This Useful Post:

aurore (February 23rd, 2020), Chrissy (February 23rd, 2020)

Thanks

Does not need to be flex for me, just springy/bouncey in feel, dont care for firm nail feel.[/QUOTE]

Try Platinum's modern maki-e pens, if you have not already done so. The 18K nibs on those are delighfully springy - they're not the same as the 18K nib on the President/Izmo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barry B. Gabay View Post
    Congratulations JParanee. That is a beauty! Have I become redundant in my praise of 149s from 1952 through ca. 1983/84? Oh well, we all have our favorites. I like those made since 1985 just fine too. Hope you enjoy it for many years. The last solid ebonite feeds I saw on new 149s (the feed you have) were in 1980.

Aurore, what a kind thing to say, and how wrong you are. I have forgotten so much about everything, but thankfully knowledgeable people keep me in line. Zaddick, FredRydr, Sia (vintagemontblancpens.com) and others constantly fill in my gaps, and I appreciate it. Chrissy knows far more about contemporary Montblancs than I ever will. I once heard the poet Philip Levine introduce his wife to the audience as "my memory." The same is true in our family.

We all try to help one another learn more about this entertaining addiction.
    Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.
    Best wishes,
    Barry
    Barry

I have been reading your works and I’m honored that you posted sir

I was thrilled when I read that you particularly liked this era of the 149’s

The pen will be looked after and used with appreciation for what it is...........your comments have added to my pleasure and admiration of this particular pen

Thank you sir and the very best to you and yours

As for Aurore .... he has been very kind to me as well and I have a 146 enroute as we speak from him

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JParanee For This Useful Post:

Barry B. Gabay (February 24th, 2020)

Thanks

The 146 arrived today and I’m quite pleased

Thx Aurore

For someone that didn’t want to go down the Mont Blanc pen path

I bought my MB rollerball decades ago and thinking it fragile having to replace the barrel a few times.

A few years ago I started buying pens from makers like Matt Martin etc

Than I got interested in fountain pens and bought a bunch of Italian pens and some Lamys

After receiving the 149 and now this 146 I must say I am very much enjoying these pens

Paired together the 149 in a medium nib filled with kon peki as a Sig pen

the 146 in fine with take sumi as a document pen with the roller ball as a everyone else pen and for when I just don’t have time for a wet pen (like bank teller line)

Makes this a very nice trio

Last edited by JParanee; February 29th, 2020 at 07:34 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JParanee For This Useful Post:

aurore (May 3rd, 2020), Jon Szanto (February 28th, 2020)