Thread: Showing off : Conklin C/F with Wahl Semi-flex No2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default Showing off : Conklin C/F with Wahl Semi-flex No2

Finally getting around to showing it off proper.

Got this Conklin Crescent Filler (20CNL) a while back, but never got around to taking a picture to show it off, except in quick camera phone pics when restoring it ( https://i.imgur.com/gTuka2L.jpg ) (was previously re-sac'd but seemed like the sac was already getting old) , or showing off how the original nib came cracked from the previous owner advertised as flex, but was just sadly abused ( https://i.imgur.com/5uMI6Ns.jpg ).

Did eventually buy a replacement nib of the same exact markings to keep it original to the pen which was a pretty standard firm fine nib, nothing special but made me happy to know I had a nib original to the model that I wouldn't have fear of ending up further cracked.

As it turns out, it's a pretty common #2 size of the time (which I also discovered previously with the nib off my Mabie Todd Swan 205/60), so I took the Wahl Semi-flex 14K needlepoint from my little Wahl pocket pen (I don't know what it would be called officially) and have been loving it in my Conklin.

One of the biggest reasons I'm happy about this particular BCHR (black chased hard rubber) pen, is because unlike most I've owned in the past, it's on the long size making it more comfortable to write with unposted. And I've always been amused/intrigued by the stupidly simple filling system. I've had a few BCHR/HR pens in my first year of getting into pens, but most were too short or skinny to my liking, or the nib/feed combination didn't quite grab me. Eventually I would like to find a C/F (or similar style of hard rubber pen, especially an old Eversharp in rosewood) in a larger body and nib size, but I imagine that will cost me in the long run.

Dated to about mid-to-late 1920s.

The designation is built by :
    * 2 (#2 Nib)
    * 0 (No Cap band or trims)
    * C (Clip on cap, suffix used after 1920)
    * NL (Non-leaking, has an inner cap)
    * Flat ended caps puts it mid-to-late 20s

13.5cm capped
    17cm posted (to nib tip, 15mm to section edge)
    12.5cm uncapped (to nib tip, 10.5mm to section edge).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (February 21st, 2020), FredRydr (February 21st, 2020), KrazyIvan (February 22nd, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: Showing off : Conklin C/F with Wahl Semi-flex No2

Conklin crescent-fillers are among my favorites.