Thread: Montegrappa Ducale Murano?

Thanks

Default Montegrappa Ducale Murano?

So to preface this I’m pretty new to fountain pens. I’ve used several now trying to pin down my exact tastes and such. I’m definitely a user and not a collector. I don’t have much use for a pen I’m not going to write with and I write quite a bit daily. Anyways, I came across a pen online a couple weeks ago and immediately fell in love with the aesthetics. It was a Montegrappa Ducale Murano with the color scheme they call Venetian Sunset. So, I start doing some digging for reviews and came up with next to nothing. There is a shocking lack of any mention of this pen anywhere. After reading up a bit on the company and comparable models I figured that at worst it would need some nib tuning. There’s a pen show here in Atlanta soon so maybe I could just do it there. I decided to buy the pen and struggled a bit to even find one in stock. I finally found one and made the purchase, but a day or so later was told it was actually discontinued my the mfg. and was not available. At this point I was pretty set on it so it practically turned into a worldwide online scavenger hunt. I finally found one, made the purchase, and am patiently waiting to get it from Germany.

I guess my question is this: why is there so little information about this pen? I’m hoping it wasn’t an epic failure for some reason. Does anyone have any input or insight into it? Any information or links would be great. The picture is from the website I purchased it from.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Default Re: Montegrappa Ducale Murano?

This is not about the Ducale Murano but might be something you'd enjoy.

Thanks

Default Re: Montegrappa Ducale Murano?

Thanks for the link. Interesting stuff. I have the tab open now so a can go back and read a bit at a time.