Quote Originally Posted by top pen View Post
I tried with heat to no avail. Any other options? I just think I could risk burning them if I hold them for much longer.
You must heat them not too much and then give a try, then you let it rest and you repeat this. The first and last tool you should use is Patience.

I. Kid. You. Not: I had one pen that took at least a week to pull apart. I would warm up the barrel section area for a while, try moving/wiggling the section (I tend to never use pliers as I like to actually feel any movement), repeated all that for at least 10 minutes and if nothing happened, I put it down for that day. I think around Day 6 I went to do it, felt a little 'click' and I could feel the shellac that was holding it soften and move and the section came right out!

It's nuts, it's maddening, but the only way to do it. I still do the bit with touching the parts to my lip to make certain it isn't getting too hot, but after a few years with my embossing gun, I pretty much know how far away from the nozzle to hold the pen (appr. 6-8") and how long to hold it there. I also rotate the barrel while doing so, and have something wrapped around the entire barrel except for the last 1" or so that grips the section, so that nothing warms up the rest of the pen.

Good luck!