Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leak in Parker 45 Flighter - fixable?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,716 Posts

Default Re: Leak in Parker 45 Flighter - fixable?

Quote Originally Posted by aremesal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    That crack can't be fixed so that the pen will write without leaking. You need a replacement section.

Try asking this ebay seller if he will ship this one to you Sadly, it's not black, but if you keep on looking I'm sure you will find either a cheap section or a cheap pen.

I will have a look around and see what I have in my parts box. I have some Parker 45 bits & pieces.
    I see, that's what I was thinking.

Thanks for the link, and for your offer, but I think it's not worth. Post to here from USA or EU is around $15, and I paid just $8 for this pen...

I think I will look for another P45 here in the second hand market. As the section is plastic made in every P45, I can aim for any model including the cheap models.

Here in Thailand there are a lot of Parkers from the 60's and 70's both FP and ballpoint pens for sale.

Thank you for your help
    For a very temporary fix on an $8 pen....just so you can write with this again until you get a new hood, black nail polish in the crack may prevent leaking. If you try this, you can no longer unscrew the hood or soak it in water but you may be able to write for a bit.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    For a very temporary fix on an $8 pen....just so you can write with this again until you get a new hood, black nail polish in the crack may prevent leaking. If you try this, you can no longer unscrew the hood or soak it in water but you may be able to write for a bit.
    It might work as a temporary fix on the shell but I think OP might want to swap his current nib unit into another pen, so I would recommend removing that first. It's always worth hanging onto a spare nib and feed for emergencies anyway.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

aremesal (February 26th, 2020)

Thanks

Ok, so the pen has fixed itself...

I disassembled it for clean and keep in the drawer for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday decided I can use it as desktop pen, just cleaning with a tissue before using, so I fill it with Diamine Macassar.

One whole day using it, and sitting horizontally in the desk, and zero leak so far. Nothing. Totally clean.

Now, I don't know if it's this ink that is "thicker" and doesn't leak, or if when I assembled it after cleaning somehow I managed to do it so the tiny crack cannot leak...

Anyway, I can use it now, but will buy another one just for the section when I see a good deal.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 797 Posts

Parker 45 section in black here for $10 but I guess the problem with postage subsists:
    http://www.fivestarpens.com/parker-45-parts.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.q View Post
    Parker 45 section in black here for $10 but I guess the problem with postage subsists:
    http://www.fivestarpens.com/parker-45-parts.html
    Thanks!

Yes, that's the problem. Here it's easy to find 45s (whole pen) at that price