Thread: Delike Classic Alpha Brass Pocket Pen

Thanks

Default Delike Classic Alpha Brass Pocket Pen

Delike Classic Alpha Brass Pocket Pen

I like metal pens. I also love a bargain metal pen. This one is perfect for my needs in the car, yard, and poking ATM machine keys so I don't get germs.

A knockoff of the Kaweco, 4.5 inches capped, 4.32 uncapped, 5.32 posted. Fairly wet for such a ef/f nib. The smear was done about 3 seconds too late to get the full effect.

it's sturdy, well-made, great threads, ef/f nib, doesn't dry out, and with the clip fits securely in my jeans watch pocket. The clip was a little too loose so I super glued a nub of shelf lining to the inside. It will still come off the pen, but won't move about.

It gets a bit of a knockabout, but it keeps on writing. Small converter (uses the small Monteverde converters as well), very smooth nib out-of-the-box. It works so good I bought two more Delike brass pens with smooth caps and no clips. They're equally good. Extra nibs and feed units available on Amazon at 2 for 12 bucks.

This model was 20 dollars on Amazon.

Cheers,
    Sg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sgphoto; February 29th, 2020 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Delike Classic Alpha Brass Pocket Pen

Thanks for the review

I have a similar pen

I like the way these pens look, their weight and their reliability. I had to swap out the nib, a simple Bock #5 went into the pen and its a great pen, I even like the way its aging marks go with the old brass appearance of the pen. There are Youtube vids of removing the patina and obtaining a bright and shiny brass pen, personally I think that it ruins the look of the pen. I dont post my cap, the pen is just ok to use as it is.

The cap seals very well, there is a nylon sealing ring on the inside of the cap, you can feel a little resistance when you cap the pen

I havent had your clip problems but then again I dont use the clip at all, the pen was $7 on ebay. I dont blame you for buying extra copies, this is one of those few pens that I would replace if it became lost.
    Last edited by Fermata; February 29th, 2020 at 07:18 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fermata For This Useful Post:

sgphoto (February 29th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,927 Times in 842 Posts

I don't really go for metal pens but that one is attractive. And your traditional pocket knife is a beauty!
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

sgphoto (February 29th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    I don't really go for metal pens but that one is attractive. And your traditional pocket knife is a beauty!
    Thanks. The pocket knife is an Uncle Henry I gave to my Dad 40 years ago. It's handy and doesn't weigh down my pocket.

Thanks

I prefer the acrylic version.
    A shame the Daimao has been discontinued.