Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pen Reviewers on Youtube

Thanks

Default Re: Pen Reviewers on Youtube

I also like the video pen reviews. There are many times I want to see a pen in action and get someone else's opinion regardless of that opinion. I am not just looking for someone to agree with me.

I also want to plug Liz McGuire. I agree she is the queen of Silent Pen Reviews!
    Last edited by Bisquitlips; May 9th, 2021 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks

Whatever happened to VittaR? I did enjoy her ink reviews and I hope she's ok.

I can't really watch videos on pens anymore, because how the pen writes tells me nothing, since the nib grinds vary SO MUCH from nib to nib for all manufacturers, and I don't buy pens with shiny colorful finishes where it would be interesting to see the finish in a video.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adhoc View Post
    Whatever happened to VittaR? I did enjoy her ink reviews and I hope she's ok.

I can't really watch videos on pens anymore, because how the pen writes tells me nothing, since the nib grinds vary SO MUCH from nib to nib for all manufacturers, and I don't buy pens with shiny colorful finishes where it would be interesting to see the finish in a video.
    OMG, that is the SAME THING I was thinking this past weekend!!
    She had such a strong run for about 2 years then POOF....gone.
    I'm guessing she moved to Rome, fell in love with a handsome greek hunk and is living life and loving happiness.

I wonder if she still loves fountain pens...
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

Thanks

Not sure if you intended it to be, but this was funny! Generally, I’ll do a search for pens I am interested in and then choose from the videos posted. Some reviewers I skip over, as I’ve watched their videos in the past and know it will just be a lot of self important chit chat. I do get annoyed at the useless unpacking part and long description of the pen, usually I just fast forward to the writing sample. One pen person who I will usually watch the whole video is Adventure Denali. She doesn’t do technical reviews, but she does show a lot of close up writing, which is really what I want to see most, how a pen performs in real life. I think her videos are very inspiring. Plus she’s just so damn cute. I also like GadgetStop. I’ve bought a lot of ink, and a few pens, based on her reviews.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    I'm guessing she moved to Rome, fell in love with a handsome greek hunk and is living life and loving happiness.
    That is of course possible, although the chances of meeting a handsome Greek hunk are substantially higher in Athens.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Maybe it was a geek hunk. About as hard to find, tho.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BillNick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DumDum View Post
    Stef (Grandmia Pens) is quite the laugh. Restoration, interesting pens, and what an accent! Love it.
    He used to video restorations and repairs, which is why I subscribed to his channel and they were very interesting and informative, but he hasn't videoed a restoration/repair for a long time.
    I cannot watch his repair videos. The way he continually and unnecessarily fidgets the item de jour is infuriating. Even if all his repair advise was correct, I still could not watch his videos.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to custar For This Useful Post:

eachan (May 4th, 2021), Jon Szanto (May 3rd, 2021)