Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Where would you move if you could?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: Where would you move if you could?

Has anyone moved to adjourn?
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

manoeuver (May 4th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (June 6th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    been fantasizing about the ol' cabin in the woods societal withdrawal. after the kids are through school (10 years or so) I may be more than ready.
    where should I look? Might go to Pennsylvania so I'm not too far from the ancestral homeland (jerz.)
    I'm a rural PA native and can't recommend it enough

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrayonAngelss For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (May 3rd, 2023), manoeuver (May 4th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,425 Times in 2,518 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonAngelss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    ...where should I look? Might go to Pennsylvania so I'm not too far from the ancestral homeland (jerz.)
    I'm a rural PA native and can't recommend it enough
    Escape back to the analog world....

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (May 4th, 2023), CrayonAngelss (May 8th, 2023), Deb (May 4th, 2023), INeedAFinancialAdvisor (October 9th, 2023), jbb (May 8th, 2023), manoeuver (May 4th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (May 3rd, 2023)

Thanks

Hello,

Many years ago, whilst in the military, I went to Canada on an exercise (as many Brits do).
    I had the pleasure, when we had 10 days of R&R, to visit a few places, admittedly just fleeting visits. The one place that always stuck in my mind is, Banff. I also visited Calgary (watched the rodeo), Jasper and several other places, but Banff has always stayed with me.
    The waking up to fresh air and the thought of seeing a bear, maybe, or the roads which seem to be as wide as our motorways, or maybe it was the maple syrup on pancakes that I remember as if it was yesterday. Either way, I'd live their tomorrow.
    My wife says she would love to live in Italy, and when she told me, I said to her, 'That's a bit of a bugger, then', she asked why, so I said, 'You may have to catch connecting flights to come visit me'. I had to go buy another rolling pin, as the one she threw at me smashed against the wall. That's women for ya. :lol:

Carpio
    "The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes” – Thomas Beecham

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpio For This Useful Post:

manoeuver (May 28th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    I'm happy where I am, about as far north as you can go on the British mainland but I've often thought of moving to Malta. Rather warmer than here. Lots of medieval, renaissance and WWII history and not just of the touristy kind. Valetta is a post-war rebuild, for the most part, but a good one. Mdina is the real deal, a medieval walled city - not too many of them around. The local cuisine isn't outstanding but the bread, fruit, fish and vegetables are excellent.

There are things against it, too. It's very popular with gangsters. There is a tradition of shooting and eating everything that https://eldfall-chronicles.com/produ...ry/miniatures/. The language is really challenging. But there's nowhere that doesn't have some sportsbetting telegram.
    Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to have new members join. Malta sounds like an interesting place. Have you ever been there? What are some of your favorite things about it?
    Last edited by WaltZucher; June 9th, 2023 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks

I get your desire for warmer weather. Spain and Turkey are excellent choices. As for me, I've always been captivated by the breathtaking landscapes and vibrant culture of New Zealand. The stunning mountains, lush greenery, and friendly locals make it my dream destination. Plus, the outdoor adventures and laid-back lifestyle are a big draw. But in reality, I'm moving just to another state; the Movers Boston will move my stuff tomorrow. I'm still pretty excited, though, because it's a new page in my life.
    Last edited by Skwidwarf; June 30th, 2023 at 02:27 AM.

Thanks

What an interesting topic! The idea of moving anywhere in the world is so intriguing and offers endless possibilities.

Thanks

Personally, if I could move anywhere, I'd pick a quaint coastal town in New England. The charm, the history, and the close-knit community really appeal to me. Plus, I'm a sucker for seasons—fall foliage and snow-covered landscapes? Count me in!
    The logistics of a move can be daunting, though, especially when thinking of all the packing, transporting, and setup involved. If I were to make such a move, I'd definitely consider using Three Movers full service offerings. I checked out their website, and they really seem to have it all covered, from packing and unpacking to disassembling and reassembling furniture.
    Last edited by Junkyness; October 9th, 2023 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks

To america

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,317 Posts

Spamming with just a link to Google? Weird, and not very creative.

But that describes our resident toddler throwing another spam tantrum (spamtrum?)

It would be more amusing if it wasn’t so sad and pathetic.

You can read more about Empty of Clouds (aka: David Jackson) and his spam escapades in this thread:

Dogs eatin’ homework and other tall tales - or how EoC got caught spamming the forum

New members should heed the warning in red at the top of the first post, if you don’t like drama.

If you would like more information, David can be found at this link:

https://www.otago.ac.nz/physio/about...administration
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jiklon View Post
    If you had to choose any place in the world to move there for permanent residence what would your choice be? Give your reasons please. Can you point out the most significant reasons? Just curious ) currently live in Denmark in a small town but dream to move to some warm country, e.g. Spain (currently am staying here for a week) or Turkey ) so my top reason is weather
    what about you?
    As a traveler, I think online communities https://www.heyday.net/blog/heyday-o...r-you-branding are very useful for building your personal brand and connecting with like-minded people. There are different types of online communities, such as forums, blogs, social media, podcasts, and newsletters, that can help you share your experiences, insights, and tips with others. You can also learn from other travelers, get feedback, and discover new opportunities. Online communities can help you establish your credibility, authority, and reputation as a traveler, and grow your network and audience. They can also provide you with support, inspiration, and motivation for your journey.
    If I could move anywhere in the world, I would choose New Zealand. I have always been fascinated by its natural beauty, diverse culture, and friendly people. New Zealand has a lot to offer, from stunning landscapes and wildlife, to vibrant cities and rich history. I would love to explore its mountains, lakes, forests, and beaches, and experience its Maori heritage and traditions. I think New Zealand is a peaceful and progressive country, with a high quality of life and a strong sense of community. It would be my dream destination to live and work.
    Last edited by Kobaken; February 27th, 2024 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks

You know, I have long dreamed of moving to Oakville and recently my dream came true. True, I bought a rather old house and began to renovate it. I especially want to mention the service entry doors in Oakville https://www.elegantentrydoors.ca/oakville/ because thanks to these guys I bought an inexpensive and very reliable entrance door with a stylish design. Now I am renovating the facade and I am sure that soon my house will be completely suitable for a new comfortable life.