Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essay on Writer's Pen

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Default Re: Essay on Writer's Pen

When I read articles on the internet or see writing on TV am amazed how awful the spelling and grammar are. Looks like these freelancers do a quick spell check and submit without taking time to proofread themselves. One tine there was a sentence I could not interpret at all. Spelling is bad even on the crawls on TV. Where are the editors? I have not read item at the top of the thread but I will.
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sharmon202 For This Useful Post:

welch (December 1st, 2023)

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

"The writers Perfect Pen" link was at start of thread.
    I was not impressed by this essay. It seemed to go off on tangents and I don't think the poetry added anything. I did not get the essays purpose and was glad it was short.
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharmon202 View Post
    When I read articles on the internet or see writing on TV am amazed how awful the spelling and grammar are. Looks like these freelancers do a quick spell check and submit without taking time to proofread themselves. One tine there was a sentence I could not interpret at all. Spelling is bad even on the crawls on TV. Where are the editors? I have not read item at the top of the thread but I will.
    If you want to see just how bad it is, try putting closed captioning on and watch a few TV shows comparing what is said and what is CC'ed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to An old bloke For This Useful Post:

sharmon202 (April 29th, 2021)

Thanks

1/ You are hoping that your grandmother/parishoners/pupils won't pick up a book you wrote that full of libidinous, salacious sex scenes, with your name on the cover.

2/ Some authors have more than one pen name. The pen name is a "brand" for a particular genre. Some authors write literary fiction undoer one name, and slushy romantic fiction/SF/westerns. It gives each series/style its own identity.

3/ J K Rowling used a pen name for her detective fiction to see if she could prove herself to be a writer of more than Harry Potter. The detective novels do get into the best seller lists, so maybe it works.

4/ You don't want the authorities to know that it is you that is accusing them of genocide.

5/ To avoid prosecution for obscentiy or whatever.

6/ Too many John Smiths.

7/ To add an air or mystery and intrigue. Sometimes foreign names sound better.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandy For This Useful Post:

Ole Juul (May 1st, 2021), TSherbs (August 2nd, 2021), welch (December 1st, 2023)

Thanks

I know that my spelling and grammar are bad, so whenever I have to write something important I use editing services, as I like everything to look professional. However, when I don't have time to write the text by myself, I use a writing service, I have found the best one after reading this article https://www.bestessaytips.com/review_essay.php. In this way, I don't have to worry that my texts are badly written.
    Last edited by Blakenolan; January 31st, 2022 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    It's astounding that such a wordsmith as Ted Hughes couldn't spell Sheaffer. Why do people have so much trouble with that word? I've seen some very inventive spellings of it. Schaffer is a recent one.
    G'day Deb,

My father used a Sheaffer fountain pen. The only time he didn't was when he needed a pencil, and on a rare occasion when he was in a bank and didn't have his own pen with him. Even so, with decades of daily exposure to his Sheaffer I had the habit of misspelling it simply because I spelt it as it is pronounced -- 'shay-fer'. Now, when I spell it, I mentally pronounce it as 'she-fer'.

I wonder it Ted Hughes had the same problem.

Thanks

I am using the VMUG to upgrade my knowledge. As the VMUG is an online learning app you can learn many things from that app. Use vmug advantage discount code 2022 to get 33% off. This offer is for a short period of time so grab this offer as soon as possible. RANGE AND SPEED - A max speed of up to 19 MPH and a range of 6-8 miles, and equipped with a secured 36V, 4.4AH and 144Wh Lithium-Ion battery pack which can be fully charged within 3 hours.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Spammer reported

Thanks

Came across this thread almost by accident. I paid attention to this topic because essays are discussed here, and I currently work at online research paper editor. Therefore, what is being discussed here is very close to me. Although I do not agree with everything.

Thanks

Thank you for sharing your experience and how best to correct spelling errors. I also often do them, so when it comes to some important writing paper, I order it from professionals. so it was with personal statement writers for residency Spelling errors are not allowed in a personal statement, so my decision was correct.
    Last edited by Mık Joger; September 28th, 2022 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks

Yes, it's a very interesting topic.

Thanks

Your writing is vivid and descriptive, and it really brought the experience of using a pen to life. One of the things that stood out to me in your essay was the idea of a pen is a tool for self-expression. I completely agree with this sentiment, as I believe that writing is one of the most powerful forms of self-expression. Whether you're writing a novel, a poem or it resume writer or just jotting down your thoughts in a journal, a pen allows you to take the thoughts and ideas in your mind and put them down on paper. And there's something really special about seeing your own thoughts and ideas take shape in front of you.

Thanks

I am wondering how well ChatGPT will write about canned ham products . . .
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,418 Posts

I think we're learning

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (March 27th, 2023)

Thanks

Folding lawn chairs are perfect for those spontaneous outdoor picnics. They're lightweight and easy to carry, making impromptu gatherings a breeze. https://greenlawnmaster.com/best-lawn-sweeper/

Thanks

Say goodbye to the stress of proofreading – let AI make your essays shine! This ai essay checker plagiarismcheck org is a game-changer for students and writers! It revolutionizes the proofreading and editing process, offering an efficient and reliable tool for enhancing the quality of your essays. With its advanced algorithms, it doesn't just catch spelling and grammar errors; it also provides valuable insights into style, coherence, and clarity. This means you can confidently submit polished, error-free essays that truly stand out. Plus, it's user-friendly and compatible with various document formats, making it a must-have for anyone looking to boost their writing skills.