Thread: Leaky Danitrio

Thanks

Default Leaky Danitrio

I just bought a Danitrio Sho-Genkai on the second hand market. It appears to be in good condition. I absolutely love it, except that it leaks. The leak is between section and barrel, from the eyedropper chamber. I thought to get some silicone grease and hope that fixes it, but after posting about it in a repair forum I got the impression that this pen should not be fiddled with but returned to the seller promptly (low chance of success, I gather). Do any of you have experience with this particular problem on a pen like this, and if so - was it possible to fix? I can’t find much online, but I seem to remember seeing somewhere that these pens can sometimes need a bit of tweaking.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Default Re: Leaky Danitrio

I eye-droppered my Danitrio Komori (a c/c), and I had no problems with it -- used a bit of silicone grease and an O ring. (Past-tense, cos I just cleaned it and put it in the Pen Valise the other day.)

Thanks

A Sho-Genkai is an uncommon pen, and designed to be an eyedropper. I'd try to have someone look at it to see whether it is repairable. Alert the seller about the issue and hopefully they will extend your return period.
    gary

Thanks

Hi aronw. Like the others suggested, it would be best to alert the seller first of the issue. The sho-genkai does have an o-ring on it and so I would do a visual inspection on the o-ring that is between the section and the barrel to see if there is any wear that could potentially be causing in the leak. The o-ring serves as a gasket to ensure that there is a hermetic seal between the section and the barrel. I have also seen some Danitrio users apply silicone grease over threads and the o-ring as preventative maintenance to help increase their life, but, again, definitely contact the seller first before you take any further action.

Thanks

Thanks! I did (almost) as suggested, and the seller (a private person) is kindly sharing details regarding the original purchase. Hopefully, the retailer can help, as I don’t seem to be able to contact Danitrio directly via the email listed on their website. In the meantime I had already applied some silicone grease to the threads/O-ring. I tried it out a bit, and it seems to be all right for now. I will definitely try to get to the root of it, however!