Thread: Turquoise...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Default Re: Turquoise...

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    I wonder if Europeans would be taxed if they order from Canada.... I know there's a free trade agreement between the two entities.....
    I have bought regularly from fountainfeder. Never been taxed. Plus I get my inks faster than if I order them from US.....

Anyway you can order from Wonderpens.....I know they ship worldwide. Small company very good service...
    Note the sample bottles are small in size but same volume (2 ml)...
    Here in the UK we would definitely be taxed if we ordered any items valued at more than their regulated values for merchandise or gifts from Canada.

It's £15 for merchandise and £36 for gifts. As far as merchandise is concerned the problem is mainly the fact that IF the stated value of the item is more than £15 then for taxable calculation purposes, the cost of shipping is added on. So that's why it comes to a high amount. Value + Shipping cost then 20% for VAT plus whatever the delivery company charges to pay that amount up front.

Not all charge a fee. UPS just deliver then send an invoice and don't charge any extra delivery fee. Royal Mail and ParcelForce charge a fee and won't deliver until after payment is received.

It's poorly advertised on ebay so that when stated delivery is free the actual delivery costs must be deducted from the total to ensure the correct value of the item only is declared. Many worldwide sellers understand this.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (March 30th, 2020)