Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parker Pencil Repair

Thanks

Default Re: Parker Pencil Repair

you destroy this pencil to take a photo from mechanism;

Thanks

I've found that most P-51 pencils in sets are OK. Orphan pencils, those sold individually, are often broken. Seven dollars is low, however. Ten years ago, they were usually around $15 or $20. A quick check of EBay shows that prices are up to $35 and more. Maybe your seller knew they had a broken pencil, and priced it that way?

Ron Zorn has said that he has repaired mechanical pencils, although he did not claim to be "a pencil mech".
    Last edited by welch; April 15th, 2020 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by welch View Post
    I've found that most P-51 pencils in sets are OK. Orphan pencils, those sold individually, are often broken. Seven dollars is low, however. Ten years ago, they were usually around $15 or $20. A quick check of EBay shows that prices are up to $35 and more. Maybe your seller knew they had a broken pencil, and priced it that way?

Ron Zorn has said that he has repaired mechanical pencils, although he did not claim to be "a pencil mech".
    When I sent the gold 51 to be restored, I gifted the repair person with this pencil. I found another 51 pencil that was iffy and sent the better one to my eldest.

Overall, the Esterbrooks appears to be a better pencil. Even the AUto Point are better.