Thread: Lamy 2000 repair

Thanks

Default Lamy 2000 repair

Ended up ordering a new barrel from India to USA on eBay. Received it a few days ago and it was in great condition. I was able to screw in the nib/nib head to the new barrel.

I encountered a problem though when I transferring the piston and parts from old barrel to new. When I tried to screw in the piston knob back into the barrel I was met with high resistance! The piston knob would not screw in easily if at all. Ended up having to force it closed using an adjustable wrench and now the Lamy 2000 is used as an eye dropper!! Having to now resort to filling the pen by detaching the nib/nib body from the barrel and using a blunted syringe to fill up the barrel.

shortened version... somewhat :-)

- Got new barrel to replace one with stripped threads

-Piston knob not screwing into back of new barrel where piston is removed ( must use adjustable wrench to open and close which defeats the whole purpose of the Lamy 2k)

-Lamy 2K is now an eye dropper must fill with blunted syringe from front ( after detaching nib/nib head from barrel )

-Also scratched up piston knob

Any suggestions highly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jawon; March 15th, 2020 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Lamy 2000 repair

I think you can just use some relatively rough sandpaper to restore the finish on the piston knob. Relatively rough, because you're looking for the brushed makrolon effect, not a totally smooth surface.

Can't help with the piston function, I'm afraid (other than wondering whether using silicone grease would help, or whether there is some swarf or foreign matter trapped in the piston mechanism)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,363 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Lamy 2000 repair

I remember Brian Goulet posting a "how to" video for dismantling a Lamy 2000. If I recall he wasn't overly keen on removing the piston.

If you search for Lamy 2000 disassembly some videos come up. Here's one just as an example.

Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

amk (March 16th, 2020)