Thread: Useful guide to working from home

Thanks
    Thanked 4,649 Times in 1,131 Posts

Default Useful guide to working from home

From the blurb:

Take Control of Working from Home Temporarily
    Glenn Fleishman
    We’re in a time of unprecedented uncertainty. In the middle of a global viral outbreak, you were told or asked to work from home—and you’ve never or rarely had to be productive where you live before. What to do? We’re here to take at some stress out of your life with a new, free book that details how to set up a home office and balance work and home life for those not accustomed to it.

Free download here: https://www.takecontrolbooks.com/working-from-home/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to catbert For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (March 17th, 2020)

Jasso

Default Re: Useful guide to working from home

Hello. This is useful information. Now I work at home as well. I promote Twitter accounts for people who need it. This is a great way to make money, not only during a pandemic. You can promote social networks such as Twitter yourself. It’s just that busy people don’t have time for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasso View Post
    Hello. This is useful information. Now I work at home as well. I promote Twitter accounts for people who need it. This is a great way to make money, not only during a pandemic. You can promote social networks such as Twitter yourself. It’s just that busy people don’t have time for this.
    Hi Jasso

Apologies in advance for my lack of understanding on such matters but is there a financial benefit of having your Twitter account promoted?

I have an account but I am not entirely sure why other than a type of online journal and even a storage place for memes or images that I like, I am not sure that anyone reads my account, I have no followers and I do not follow anyone.

Perhaps I should liven it up a little, not entirely sure what its all about I guess.

B

Thanks
    Thanked 1,927 Times in 842 Posts

I have successfully avoided Twitter. So far.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks

Two things I avoid like the Black Plague opening an email from someone I don't know, and downloading 'free' software.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to An old bloke For This Useful Post:

Dreck (October 30th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    Two things I avoid like the Black Plague opening an email from someone I don't know, and downloading 'free' software.
    At work i use Windows, but my personal laptop runs only free software. Some really great tools (emacs, vi, TeX/laTeX) are free software.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    At work i use Windows, but my personal laptop runs only free software. Some really great tools (emacs, vi, TeX/laTeX) are free software.
    The only computer viruses I've had in the past 20 years have come with free software my son and grandson downloaded on to our home computer. No more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

I avoid downloading sketchy stuff. If it's established and widely used and available from a *legit* site (not some place rife with shady fake download buttons) then I'll use it. I don't download pirated anything and don't use file sharing that's prone to malware distribution. I run AV on MacOS, Windows, and Android, and my computer browsers have extensions to help protect against sketchy sites in a few ways plus a PiHole ad blocker on the home network. It isn't the most secure but if I've been infected anytime in the last 20 years they've been really stealthy because I haven't noticed. I like to hope I would have since I do computer security for a living but some of em are pretty skilled.