Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 153

Thread: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

  1. #41
    Senior Member ethernautrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Land of Po
    Posts
    951
    Thanks
    1,462
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 473 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Waski_the_Squirrel View Post
    My feeling on this is that there are 2 reasons:
    1. They don't know that you plan to stay in your car. You may be just claiming that.
    2. If you are driving, you need to use gas pumps, and can share the virus there.

    Speaking personally, my parents own a number of acres about 45 miles from their home. They cut firewood on those acres. They will be driving over there to bring back the firewood all spring, summer, and fall. What do they say if the police stop them? It's all true, but will the police be okay with that?

    I live in a sparsely populated part of North Dakota. (And, yes, that's a relative thing.) If I drive out into the country, I could probably go anywhere I want and no one would ever know. I actually plan to do that this weekend. I have no shame about taking my Toyota Camry miles away from paved roads. And, like you, I won't be meeting people to share the virus with them.
    As a side note, let me say how much I enjoy your Youtube channel. You're interesting, show me pens that otherwise I wouldn't know about, are honest in your thoughts and opinions, and most importantly you're humorous and don't take yourself too seriously. Plus, I can tell you choose rationality and science over superstitions.

    You're one of the few pen Youtubers I always watch and enjoy. Thanks.

    Cheers.
    Sg
    Plus you seem just... decent. I appreciate that, Waski.
    _____________
    To Miasto

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

    catbert (April 2nd, 2020), Deb (April 2nd, 2020), sgphoto (April 2nd, 2020), TSherbs (April 2nd, 2020)

  3. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    995
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 625 Times in 348 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    I live one mile from a county park where baseball fields back up to woodlands. It's a great place to walk my dogs as they get different smells and sights. We usually go three-five times a week during the week but never during ball games (I hate crowds). Only three times in three years have I run across someone else with their dogs. With the big area, we never come within 200-300 yards of each other. My dogs are always on the leash.

    But, for the last three weeks, we've not gone to the park. There's probably no one there, but it's the 2 miles in between that concern me. If my car should break down, though not likely as it's a Honda and never failed, I and my dogs would need assistance. That assistance is my concern.

    So far, I've had no social contact for 15 days - none - and I plan on keeping it that way as long as I can. I have enough food supplies to easily last 2 months or more, enough dog food for a year, medical supplies (gloves, masks, sanitizer, alcohol, bleach, bandages) that should last for the duration. Amazon brings packages to my garage where they remain untouched for a week before opening with gloves.

    I'm fortunate that I have a 3/4 acre naturally landscaped yard that's very private, and live in a suburb off the main roads where I can easily walk my dogs. I have a large 6' fenced-in back yard where the dogs can rip and romp and garden spots for vegetables. We walk around the block on rarely travelled roads twice a day. That's a mile the dogs and I enjoy and never have contact with anyone other than waves and occasional shouts at neighbors.

    Not being a crowd person for 45 years, I feel no isolation.

    I have a nice woodworking shop, telescopes, enjoy birdwatching, reading, opera, classical music, films, cooking, and other sundry things that do not require others. I stay in touch with friends by phone and texting.

    Other than not being able to go to the grocery stores and Home Depot once a week, not a lot has changed for me externally.

    I realize how lucky I am, but I also understand that I've worked my entire life to be in this position. Understanding Stoicism and Buddhism (non-religious Buddhism) and practicing those thoughts daily has helped place things in perspective.

    While the pandemic has raised some anxiety internally, it's more of working on what I can control and understanding what I don't control.

    The best thing I can do now is to avoid becoming sick and not taking any unnecessary chances, no matter how slight the risk may be. I'm certain that many who are now sick and will die have wished they'd stayed home, suffered the perceived privations, and stayed safe. Also, imagine being sick and now knowing that you almost certainly passed the virus to others. That's a double blow.

    Everyone who doesn't get sick saves the time, space, and needs that the medical community can use elsewhere.

    So for as long as I can I'm staying home.
    I'm not sure that it's accurate to assume that we asymptomatic people did not contract and spread this virus before we self-isolated. Perhaps not. But it's not accurate for very many of us to assume that we were not touched by this and did not leave the virus elsewhere. That's the thing with this bug. It is quite stealthy. In fact, I have behaved as if I have it and have assumed that I am as much a potential carrier as the next person. I am asymptomatic, but that is a guarantee of nothing. This is not an us versus them. We are all us.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

    catbert (April 2nd, 2020), ethernautrix (April 2nd, 2020)

  5. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Ordered a pen and ink today from Sam and Frank @ Pendemonium. They're still shipping and glad to have the business and I'm glad to give them my business.

    Some of my best finds with fair prices have come from them the past 16 years. If there's something you need, take a look at their online business and see what you find. They've been around a long time and I want to keep them around.

    Cheers.
    Sg

  6. #44
    Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    388
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 676 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Thank you everyone for all the comments! I'll pass along to my parents that they are "studs!" Not sure how they'll take that, but I'll reassure them that it's a compliment. They are elderly, and not in touch with the modern world. I still recall when I was 13 or 14 and in the garage with my father. I don't remember what he did, but I recall clearly that he said he, "Pulled a real boner." I remember his face at my laughter. Yes, that phrase meant something quite different in his time. It is now about 30 years later.

    I love them, and the hardest thing is to realize that even if I weren't so far away from them, I still would avoid them due to this virus. I feel like I should do more, but I know I couldn't. Does anyone else have this feeling?

    This summer, I had planned a few videos about my home and various memories. I was going to be there. At this point, it looks like this will not happen. I hope to be able to film these videos next summer. But I will admit that I've never thought seriously about what it will mean that I don't have parents anymore. At 80 and 73, that time is approaching. To get maudlin for a moment, if they were to pass now, I don't even know if I could attend a funeral. I'm sure lots of people share this with me.

    My father is in good health, even though he is the elder of the pair. My mother does have some breathing difficulties.

    They still live in the house where we all lived when I graduated high school. I expect that at some point they will move into town, but I know they will resist it as long as possible. My maternal grandparents were the same. They finally gave in when the upkeep on their place surpassed their finances and ability to maintain the place. Nevertheless, I would love at least one last visit home. And, of course, a visit to my brother in New York. He lives only a few hours from them, so I know he can get to them if it is necessary. But, about 21 years later, I do finally realize why it is good to live near family.

  7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Waski_the_Squirrel For This Useful Post:

    carlos.q (April 2nd, 2020), catbert (April 2nd, 2020), Chrissy (April 3rd, 2020), Deb (April 3rd, 2020), ethernautrix (April 2nd, 2020), Jon Szanto (April 2nd, 2020), sgphoto (April 2nd, 2020), Stands on Feet (May 12th, 2020), TSherbs (April 2nd, 2020)

  8. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Take comfort in that your parents know you're a good son, a good man, and that you love them. That's the best reward possible for parents.

  9. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    995
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 625 Times in 348 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    I feel for you Waski. I live 5 miles from my 89 yr-old mother, but I am not even permitted to deliver things for her. But she is being watched after, so that is taken care of. But this isolation and separation sucks. My sons can't visit my wife and me, either. Blah.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  10. #47
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,903
    Thanks
    5,185
    Thanked 7,539 Times in 2,808 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Waski_the_Squirrel View Post
    I love them, and the hardest thing is to realize that even if I weren't so far away from them, I still would avoid them due to this virus. I feel like I should do more, but I know I couldn't. Does anyone else have this feeling?
    Call them, and just talk.

    My mom passed away 13 months ago, and she was the last of our 4 elders. Over 25 years, we watched over our parents as each gradually left this realm. Mom was the final chapter, losing her independence and living in assisted living not too far from us. I visited often, not daily but a few times a week, but one thing I tried very hard to do was speak with her every day. Somehow or other it fell into place that i would call around seven every evening. It didn't have to be a lot - Lord knows, she didn't have much to share every day, but I'd tell her about work or this and that, and wished her a good night.

    It's been over a year, and I still have that feeling that I can pick up the phone - or should - in the early evening. I almost stop what I'm doing at times, and then realize. I'd love to tell her about things... and I do. Just not over the phone.

    So give them a call, Waski. It's such a blessing, something I am certain you already know and appreciate. Embrace those voices while you have the opportunity.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

    catbert (April 3rd, 2020), empliau (April 3rd, 2020), Lady Onogaro (May 11th, 2020), VertOlive (May 18th, 2020), Waski_the_Squirrel (April 3rd, 2020)

  12. #48
    Senior Member Deb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    1,639
    Thanks
    999
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 760 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Waski_the_Squirrel View Post
    I love them, and the hardest thing is to realize that even if I weren't so far away from them, I still would avoid them due to this virus. I feel like I should do more, but I know I couldn't. Does anyone else have this feeling?
    Call them, and just talk.

    My mom passed away 13 months ago, and she was the last of our 4 elders. Over 25 years, we watched over our parents as each gradually left this realm. Mom was the final chapter, losing her independence and living in assisted living not too far from us. I visited often, not daily but a few times a week, but one thing I tried very hard to do was speak with her every day. Somehow or other it fell into place that i would call around seven every evening. It didn't have to be a lot - Lord knows, she didn't have much to share every day, but I'd tell her about work or this and that, and wished her a good night.

    It's been over a year, and I still have that feeling that I can pick up the phone - or should - in the early evening. I almost stop what I'm doing at times, and then realize. I'd love to tell her about things... and I do. Just not over the phone.

    So give them a call, Waski. It's such a blessing, something I am certain you already know and appreciate. Embrace those voices while you have the opportunity.
    I emphatically agree with that. My husband's mother died in 2003 and he still catches himself thinking of phoning her, as he did so religiously for years. My own mother is 83, in assisted living in the US while I am in Scotland. The facility she lives in has the virus and the residents are in total lockdown. My sister works as receptionist in same place and is absolutely in the front line. It is extremely frightening and worrying.

    Make the most of your parents.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog
    My Pen Sales

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

    catbert (April 3rd, 2020), Jon Szanto (April 3rd, 2020)

  14. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Fountain Pen Revolution is open and shipping. I have a Guider ebonite pen arriving from there today.

    I wouldn't order from any retailer who is still taking orders but not shipping. That's loaning today's money for a future purchase that may or may not happen. Retailers will (and already have) been discounting prices, but if you buy in at the full price today, you'll stand to potentially lose again.

    Prices will go down on pens. Look at the For Sale Forum. Prices are lower, some sellers are desperate to get cash, and still it takes a big discount to move certain pens.

    This is the time to wait for discounts as the bottom is still off in the future.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

    LeFreak (April 16th, 2020)

  16. #50
    Senior Member Runnin_Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 174 Times in 103 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    This is something that I have a hard time with. My Mother is in a care center and no visitors have been allowed since the week of March 13 (my birthday) which is when I was going to see her that week. At that time due to some work conflicts that caused me to work late I hadn't seen her since the last week of February. She is rarely in her room so calling and speaking to her is almost impossible. She has dementia so doesn't understand why we can't come see her.

    I speak to someone on staff about once a week about her. I am able to drop off Diet Coke for her. They have been fortunate and have had no cases among either residents or staff the last time I spoke to someone.

    As to purchases? My last purchases were in early March of paper and ink. My last purchase of a pen was before that. I spent roughly $100 on paper products from Goulet, a Vacumatic nib from Five Star Pens, inks from Levenger and other vendors. The Waterman Serenity Blue is no longer sold by Goulet, Anderson or Vanness so I had to go elsewhere to get it. My last bottle was purchased from Goulet.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

    "None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

  17. #51
    Golden Ghost Chemyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 174 Times in 84 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

    I agree with your sentiment that small businesses need our support now more than ever before. Absolutely right.
    But the operative word is "business." How is it "business" if someone takes your money but you get nothing in return. I'd call that a loan.
    Some loans get repaid and some get defaulted.
    Every day I am doing something which is supporting our local businesses and I am doing so as best as I can. I am doing more "business" with our local businesses than ever before.
    But I'm not giving any of our businesses money in return for an "IOU." From that perspective, I agree with the others.
    Something to think about though is that Goulet specifically structured his business in a good faith belief that his relationship with customers was a two-way street.

    You may remember that he came before us a few years back and asked what we thought about Goulet Pens adding “Fulfillment by Amazon” to their model. Competitive pricing, distributed shipping and the ability to add orders to your Amazon cart. We stood to lose the meters of packing material, the notes and personalized drawings. People said “no”, they’d rather pay more for the personalized touches.

    Of course, if Goulet Pens had “Fulfillment by Amazon” now, they’d still be shipping orders via the Amazon logistics chain. The fact that they are not, is largely based on what FP users asked for. For those same users to drop Goulet as soon as he suffers a logistical hiccup (during a global catastrophe) is a cold way to kill that relationship.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chemyst For This Useful Post:

    azkid (May 12th, 2020), catbert (May 11th, 2020), Chrissy (May 11th, 2020), dneal (May 17th, 2020)

  19. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 85 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemyst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

    I agree with your sentiment that small businesses need our support now more than ever before. Absolutely right.
    But the operative word is "business." How is it "business" if someone takes your money but you get nothing in return. I'd call that a loan.
    Some loans get repaid and some get defaulted.
    Every day I am doing something which is supporting our local businesses and I am doing so as best as I can. I am doing more "business" with our local businesses than ever before.
    But I'm not giving any of our businesses money in return for an "IOU." From that perspective, I agree with the others.
    Something to think about though is that Goulet specifically structured his business in a good faith belief that his relationship with customers was a two-way street.
    Maybe he did and maybe he didn't.....
    I think he was just looking for a way to enhance his business and endear himself to potential customers.
    And, don't get me wrong, there is nothing improper about that..........

    But Goulet's approach has nothing to do with my point, which as usual, you have missed by a mile.

    Where in any ethical business model, including Goulet's "two way street strategy," is it expected or customary that a customer's purchase is utilized by the business as a long term loan?

    Goulet has created a cult. Good for him. Again, I have no issue with that.........
    And, in cults, there is always lots of Kool-Aide consumed. And that is an individual's prerogative. And, if they want to pay him not knowing when their purchase will arrive, so be it. It's their money.

    All I'm saying is that dealers with far more substantive long term customer satisfaction & relationships have simply not accepted payments for pens or services they cannot provide at the current time.
    And, other dealers have carried on, meeting their customer's needs in spite of the pandemic created challenges.
    That's where my business is going these days. And, no, they do not use Amazon's fulfillment either........

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

    Bob (May 13th, 2020), LeFreak (May 12th, 2020), soretailedcat (May 11th, 2020)

  21. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quoting Chemyst --"You may remember that he came before us a few years back and asked what we thought about Goulet Pens adding “Fulfillment by Amazon” to their model. Competitive pricing, distributed shipping and the ability to add orders to your Amazon cart. We stood to lose the meters of packing material, the notes and personalized drawings. People said “no”, they’d rather pay more for the personalized touches."

    I care not one wit about meters of packing material, a note, and personalized drawings. Perhaps Goulet should charge less for those who want a delivery quickly without all those 'extras' and those that want them can pay more for that thrill.

    I stopped using Goulet when every order regardless of total price still incurred a ridiculous shipping charge of a minimum of $5-8.00. Other dealers often charge less, give you free shipping above a reasonable total purchase (30-50 dollars), and then ship quickly.

    Other dealers, besides offering free shipping, often send not only their 'thanks', but include a 10% discount on a future order. I'll take a 10% discount over a drawing and Tootsie Roll Pop anytime.

    I won't say I'll never buy from Goulet Pens again though unlikely, but I will never buy from someone who takes my money on a promise of "Someday Your Pen Will Come." After all, there's plenty of pen dealers who ARE taking orders AND shipping daily.

    Goulet's excuse for not shipping doesn't pass muster and reeks of cash flow problems. If Goulet was truly concerned about his customers he'd find a way to do it as other dealers have. Instead, he's earning interest on money, not delivering product, and continuing to take orders.

    As to Goulet asking 'FP' users what they want, if you notice Goulet always asks questions to steer you to give the answer he wants then spins it as if he's responsive. Goulet Pens doesn't want Amazon as that would cut into his cherry pie while customers would get better pricing and faster delivery, and with Amazon Prime, they'd get free shipping.

    So much for Goulet's generosity It's business - just like television preachers.
    Last edited by sgphoto; May 11th, 2020 at 09:36 AM.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

    724Seney (May 11th, 2020), Bob (May 13th, 2020), LeFreak (May 12th, 2020), soretailedcat (May 11th, 2020)

  23. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 65 Times in 37 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post

    Goulet's excuse for not shipping doesn't pass muster and reeks of cash flow problems. If Goulet was truly concerned about his customers he'd find a way to do it as other dealers have. Instead, he's earning interest on money, not delivering product, and continuing to take orders.
    You don't like Goulet's business model? Understood.
    You don't think Goulet should follow Virginia's shut down of nonessential businesses? Understood.
    You don't have any information on the factors supporting Goulet's decision not to ship during this time? Understood.
    You don't want to mention that the notice to potential customers that shipping delays may last weeks appears on every page of the website? Understood.
    You haven't contacted Goulet to see whether it is processing credit card orders, or cashing checks until any order is fulfilled? Understood.
    You don't know how any Goulet employees felt about reporting to work in the face of the pandemic? Understood.
    You don't want to acknowledge that every business, be it retail, manufacturing, or professional services, has cash flow "issues" when it is totally shutdown? Understood.
    You want to imply that Goulet is disreputable, and dishonest? No, I cannot understand your willingness to do so based on what you've presented thus far. This goes beyond fair comment and the bounds of decency.





  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

    Brgphilly (May 31st, 2020), dneal (May 13th, 2020)

  25. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    995
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 625 Times in 348 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemyst View Post
    ... For those same users to drop Goulet as soon as he suffers a logistical hiccup (during a global catastrophe) is a cold way to kill that relationship.
    I don't think that "relationships" are possible with institutions or businesses. I consider these faux relationships, or modern commercial facsimiles. I consider relationships of the kind you are suggesting here not possible when money/product is the foundation of the exchange, including the extraction of money for profit from one human and then distributed to others. An exchange is being made, a trade. To me, that is not a "relationship" that has much value or commitment or trust or intimacy or openness that is real in any deep way. We err when we conflate commercial trade with any real relationship.

    sgphoto was harsh, but I don't disagree with his caution: don't confuse business for profit with anything that is not business for profit. The Goulets, and other consumer retailers, know exactly how shallow consumer tastes and "loyalties" can be when it comes to delays, price increases, service manners, competition from other vendors, etc. No consumer should feel guilt or any kind of qualm about taking their money elsewhere for any reason they please. The portability of our money and purchasing power is part of consumer-based economic freedom. Use it or not, as you please. It is not "cold" to do so; it is exactly what the system is based upon--from the liberated consumer's point of view. Vendors may wish it were otherwise, but they have their own economic interests in mind.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

    LeFreak (May 12th, 2020)

  27. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post

    Goulet's excuse for not shipping doesn't pass muster and reeks of cash flow problems. If Goulet was truly concerned about his customers he'd find a way to do it as other dealers have. Instead, he's earning interest on money, not delivering product, and continuing to take orders.
    You don't like Goulet's business model? Understood.
    You don't think Goulet should follow Virginia's shut down of nonessential businesses? Understood.
    You don't have any information on the factors supporting Goulet's decision not to ship during this time? Understood.
    You don't want to mention that the notice to potential customers that shipping delays may last weeks appears on every page of the website? Understood.
    You haven't contacted Goulet to see whether it is processing credit card orders, or cashing checks until any order is fulfilled? Understood.
    You don't know how any Goulet employees felt about reporting to work in the face of the pandemic? Understood.
    You don't want to acknowledge that every business, be it retail, manufacturing, or professional services, has cash flow "issues" when it is totally shutdown? Understood.
    You want to imply that Goulet is disreputable, and dishonest? No, I cannot understand your willingness to do so based on what you've presented thus far. This goes beyond fair comment and the bounds of decency.




    I did not say that Goulet is disreputable or dishonest. I have implied that he knows how to play those for whom a Toostsie Roll Pop is the Holy Grail.

    There is a smell test I use as I have a nose. Others may not have a nose and be content to wade in a cesspool thinking it's a field of lilacs. I ran a business successfully for over 20 years that allowed me to retire at 58. I'll go with my instincts until I'm proved wrong.

    You can buy all you want from Goulet and wait and wait and wait. I bought a pen today from Europe for less than 1/2 of what Goulet sells the pen for. It will be delivered in about five days. Of course, I won't get a Tootsie Roll Pop, meters of packaging, and a drawing and sticker but somehow I'll live as difficult as that lack of fru-fru will be.
    Last edited by sgphoto; May 11th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

    Bob (May 13th, 2020), LeFreak (May 12th, 2020)

  29. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 65 Times in 37 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post

    Goulet's excuse for not shipping doesn't pass muster and reeks of cash flow problems. If Goulet was truly concerned about his customers he'd find a way to do it as other dealers have. Instead, he's earning interest on money, not delivering product, and continuing to take orders.
    You don't like Goulet's business model? Understood.
    You don't think Goulet should follow Virginia's shut down of nonessential businesses? Understood.
    You don't have any information on the factors supporting Goulet's decision not to ship during this time? Understood.
    You don't want to mention that the notice to potential customers that shipping delays may last weeks appears on every page of the website? Understood.
    You haven't contacted Goulet to see whether it is processing credit card orders, or cashing checks until any order is fulfilled? Understood.
    You don't know how any Goulet employees felt about reporting to work in the face of the pandemic? Understood.
    You don't want to acknowledge that every business, be it retail, manufacturing, or professional services, has cash flow "issues" when it is totally shutdown? Understood.
    You want to imply that Goulet is disreputable, and dishonest? No, I cannot understand your willingness to do so based on what you've presented thus far. This goes beyond fair comment and the bounds of decency.




    I did not say that Goulet is disreputable or dishonest. I have implied that he knows how to play those for whom a Toostsie Roll Pop is the Holy Grail.

    There is a smell test I use as I have a nose.
    I understood you wouldn't come out and claim Goulet is disreputable or dishonest, because you know that you lack even the slightest of evidence. Rather you insinuate it so you can try to walk away without taking responsibility for your comment as that is your instinctive reaction.

    Enjoy your pen. Perhaps giving it some good exercise upon its arrival will be good for the soul.






  30. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post

    Goulet's excuse for not shipping doesn't pass muster and reeks of cash flow problems. If Goulet was truly concerned about his customers he'd find a way to do it as other dealers have. Instead, he's earning interest on money, not delivering product, and continuing to take orders.
    You don't like Goulet's business model? Understood.
    You don't think Goulet should follow Virginia's shut down of nonessential businesses? Understood.
    You don't have any information on the factors supporting Goulet's decision not to ship during this time? Understood.
    You don't want to mention that the notice to potential customers that shipping delays may last weeks appears on every page of the website? Understood.
    You haven't contacted Goulet to see whether it is processing credit card orders, or cashing checks until any order is fulfilled? Understood.
    You don't know how any Goulet employees felt about reporting to work in the face of the pandemic? Understood.
    You don't want to acknowledge that every business, be it retail, manufacturing, or professional services, has cash flow "issues" when it is totally shutdown? Understood.
    You want to imply that Goulet is disreputable, and dishonest? No, I cannot understand your willingness to do so based on what you've presented thus far. This goes beyond fair comment and the bounds of decency.




    I did not say that Goulet is disreputable or dishonest. I have implied that he knows how to play those for whom a Toostsie Roll Pop is the Holy Grail.

    There is a smell test I use as I have a nose.
    I understood you wouldn't come out and claim Goulet is disreputable or dishonest, because you know that you lack even the slightest of evidence. Rather you insinuate it so you can try to walk away without taking responsibility for your comment as that is your instinctive reaction.

    Enjoy your pen. Perhaps giving it some good exercise upon its arrival will be good for the soul.










    I'm not walking away from anything. I stand by my comments. I'll admit I'm wrong when proved wrong.

    I'll certainly enjoy my new pen when it soon arrives - that's why I bought it.

    You enjoy your Tootsie Roll Pop - if you ever get it.

    Cheers.

  31. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 65 Times in 37 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post

    Goulet's excuse for not shipping doesn't pass muster and reeks of cash flow problems. If Goulet was truly concerned about his customers he'd find a way to do it as other dealers have. Instead, he's earning interest on money, not delivering product, and continuing to take orders.
    You don't like Goulet's business model? Understood.
    You don't think Goulet should follow Virginia's shut down of nonessential businesses? Understood.
    You don't have any information on the factors supporting Goulet's decision not to ship during this time? Understood.
    You don't want to mention that the notice to potential customers that shipping delays may last weeks appears on every page of the website? Understood.
    You haven't contacted Goulet to see whether it is processing credit card orders, or cashing checks until any order is fulfilled? Understood.
    You don't know how any Goulet employees felt about reporting to work in the face of the pandemic? Understood.
    You don't want to acknowledge that every business, be it retail, manufacturing, or professional services, has cash flow "issues" when it is totally shutdown? Understood.
    You want to imply that Goulet is disreputable, and dishonest? No, I cannot understand your willingness to do so based on what you've presented thus far. This goes beyond fair comment and the bounds of decency.




    I did not say that Goulet is disreputable or dishonest. I have implied that he knows how to play those for whom a Toostsie Roll Pop is the Holy Grail.

    There is a smell test I use as I have a nose.
    I understood you wouldn't come out and claim Goulet is disreputable or dishonest, because you know that you lack even the slightest of evidence. Rather you insinuate it so you can try to walk away without taking responsibility for your comment as that is your instinctive reaction.

    Enjoy your pen. Perhaps giving it some good exercise upon its arrival will be good for the soul.










    I'm not walking away from anything. I stand by my comments. I'll admit I'm wrong when proved wrong.

    I'll certainly enjoy my new pen when it soon arrives - that's why I bought it.

    You enjoy your Tootsie Roll Pop - if you ever get it.

    Cheers.
    Innuendo without proof: there is nothing you are right about.
    If not a Tootsie Pop I hope you find something to redirect your vitriole.
    Maybe writing something uplifting with your new pen.
    Be well in your days.


  32. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

    You said I didn't grasp the Goulet business model. I do. It's to make money.

    You said, "You don't think Goulet should follow Virginia's shut down of nonessential businesses?" Well, Goulet hasn't shut down if he's still taking orders, is he?

    You said, "You haven't contacted Goulet to see whether it is processing credit card orders, or cashing checks until any order is fulfilled? " Are you that seriously dense or extremely naive? Come on, people are paying Goulet money.

    You said, "You don't want to acknowledge that every business, be it retail, manufacturing, or professional services, has cash flow "issues" when it is totally shutdown? But Goulet isn't shut down - they're taking orders with people paying them. They are using those funds as cash flow. Are you unaware of how businesses work?

    Go to the grocery store. Tell them you want groceries, but you'll pay them sometime in the future. But promise them you'll give them a Toosie Roll Pop, a drawing, and meters of packing tape when you do pay them at an unspecified date in the future if you're still around and have money to pay them.

    See if the grocery store bites on that stick of baloney.

    It's not vitriol - it's an observation. Sorry you have tendencies for snowflakiness but your business skills are sorely lacking.
    Last edited by sgphoto; May 11th, 2020 at 04:59 PM.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

    Bob (May 13th, 2020)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •