Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

  1. #21
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,901
    Thanks
    5,184
    Thanked 7,544 Times in 2,809 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    I guess I don't understand: when this was part of your other thread, a couple of us spoke up suggesting that Grandmia pens was a source that had issues. You agreed but now seem to have put Stef back on the list. I find that unfortunate, even when you are putting some manner of caveats. It also implies that you actually don't want input on your choices. I've watched people totally fuck up pens because of bad advice from people who know how to make a YouTube post and I hate to see that happen.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    I guess I don't understand: when this was part of your other thread, a couple of us spoke up suggesting that Grandmia pens was a source that had issues. You agreed but now seem to have put Stef back on the list. I find that unfortunate, even when you are putting some manner of caveats. It also implies that you actually don't want input on your choices. I've watched people totally fuck up pens because of bad advice from people who know how to make a YouTube post and I hate to see that happen.
    Jon,

    I took the repair list off the reviews list. I didn't say I would or wouldn't put anyone on the repair list.

    At the risk of offending you, I don't care what you think. Everything I've done you find a way to smoothly bad mouth it. You called the review list bloated. That's fine - don't read it.

    Now I started a youtube repair list. I put youtubers on there who have ideas about repair and restoration. Some people like to look at those videos. Did you see all the disclaimers I put on the very first post?

    Now, on this list, you keep trying to tell me what to do and how to do it. Go back and read all the posts. In one of them, after continually bitching because I wasn't doing it YOUR way, you say, "I don't want to be argumentative." That's bullshit - you live to be an argumentative twit. You come off like a whiney spoiled brat constantly trying to shit in my nest. Well, I'm telling you to go stick it.

    I'll put on that list whoever I damn well want to put on that list. You don't run me. Your input is not a demand so stop pretending it's because you don't want people to fuck up their pens. You want to run the show. Perhaps you should start your own fountain pen forum where you choose only the posts that meet your arrogant, condescending attitude.

    Better yet, instead of your continual pissing and moaning about what I do, put up your own lists. Start your own Youtube Channel where you can pontificate on "The World As It Should Be According to Jon Szanto."
    Do something besides sticking your scrunched-up nose in my business and trying to screw up someone else's posts because you're an asshole.

    I'm sure the world is waiting with great anticipation to read of your wonderful exploits in pendom, your expertise in repair and restoration, and your encyclopedic knowledge of everything. Please do tell!

    But you aren't welcome to bother me with your self-ordained smugness anymore.

    Put me on your ignore list and stick with your OFMC (Old Farts Mental Constipation). There's no vaccine for that. You'll die with it. LMTF out of your twisted, demented and tiny prick world. I'm done with you.
    Last edited by sgphoto; April 8th, 2020 at 03:35 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

    LeFreak (April 8th, 2020)

  4. #23
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,901
    Thanks
    5,184
    Thanked 7,544 Times in 2,809 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    I'm sorry the stress has gotten to you. You asked for input. I haven't insulted you, and nothing I've done or said warrants that last response to me.

    Enjoy your pens.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    I'm sorry the stress has gotten to you. You asked for input. I haven't insulted you, and nothing I've done or said warrants that last response to me.

    Enjoy your pens.
    It's not stress. It's getting rid of a passive-agressive asshat. It's liberating.

    That was mild. Go soak your butt-hurt feelings and cry.

    Again, put me on your ignore list.
    Last edited by sgphoto; April 8th, 2020 at 04:49 PM.

  6. #25
    Senior Member Deb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 758 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Grandmia Pens - wide range of misguided nonsense.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog
    My Pen Sales

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    994
    Thanks
    611
    Thanked 624 Times in 347 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    Jon,

    I took the repair list off the reviews list. I didn't say I would or wouldn't put anyone on the repair list.

    At the risk of offending you.....
    Sg,

    Even if you're annoyed, this screed is offensive to more than just Jon. You know, maybe he's dealing with his shit the best he can, maybe even heroically. This is like all my townsfolk getting all worked up about people walking on the streets to get outside during COVID (it's finally spring here in Maine). We're all doing the best we can. How about if we just start assuming that? Go ahead and continue with this thread the way it is. Let's keep things in perspective and try to avoid the diatribes against community members, even when we feel justified.





    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

    azkid (April 9th, 2020)

  9. #27
    Senior Member Deb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 758 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    Jon,

    I took the repair list off the reviews list. I didn't say I would or wouldn't put anyone on the repair list.

    At the risk of offending you.....
    Sg,

    Even if you're annoyed, this screed is offensive to more than just Jon. You know, maybe he's dealing with his shit the best he can, maybe even heroically. This is like all my townsfolk getting all worked up about people walking on the streets to get outside during COVID (it's finally spring here in Maine). We're all doing the best we can. How about if we just start assuming that? Go ahead and continue with this thread the way it is. Let's keep things in perspective and try to avoid the diatribes against community members, even when we feel justified.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Hear! Hear! I'm all for that! It really is time to calm down. Quite a number of people have taken leave of absence, not just the ones who have made announcements. This used to be (mostly) a pleasant place to visit. It certainly isn't now.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog
    My Pen Sales

  10. #28
    Senior Member guyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 121 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Imagine starting a thread on a discussion board and having your post engender — gasp! — discussion. Worse yet: differing opinions.

    The horror.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

    dneal (April 9th, 2020)

  12. #29
    Senior Member Deb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 758 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    I have no problem with discussion or debate. That's fine. That's what we're here for, but in the seven years I've been here I've never seen so much deliberate unpleasantness. Sure, there's the odd spat but what's happening here is of a different order. I'm beginning to think there are better things I can do with my time.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog
    My Pen Sales

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

    TSherbs (April 9th, 2020)

  14. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    994
    Thanks
    611
    Thanked 624 Times in 347 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    Imagine starting a thread on a discussion board and having your post engender — gasp! — discussion. Worse yet: differing opinions.

    The horror.
    If you are responding to my comment, I specifically used the word "diatribe," which is not a "difference of opinion."

    Disagreement with a member is very different from disparagement of a member or diatribe or slander or invective or whatever word you would use for name-calling or personal character assassination.

    So, I am not sure what you are getting at. No one is suggesting that disagreement is wrong.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

    azkid (April 9th, 2020), Deb (April 9th, 2020)

  16. #31
    Senior Member guyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 121 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    I have no problem with discussion or debate. That's fine. That's what we're here for, but in the seven years I've been here I've never seen so much deliberate unpleasantness. Sure, there's the odd spat but what's happening here is of a different order. I'm beginning to think there are better things I can do with my time.
    Deb, my apologies if you took that as being directed at you. It was directed at the originator of the thread, who would likely be happier posting on a blog with commenting turned off.

    I will say that the originator of the thread did have one good idea. I understand that people may not follow it because they either don’t believe in shutting the door on someone permanently or because they want to discuss the content being posted. After all, this is a discussion board.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

    Deb (April 9th, 2020)

  18. #32
    Senior Member guyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 121 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    Imagine starting a thread on a discussion board and having your post engender — gasp! — discussion. Worse yet: differing opinions.

    The horror.
    If you are responding to my comment, I specifically used the word "diatribe," which is not a "difference of opinion."

    Disagreement with a member is very different from disparagement of a member or diatribe or slander or invective or whatever word you would use for name-calling or personal character assassination.

    So, I am not sure what you are getting at.
    I’m in complete agreement with you. I found it offensive, too.

    I’m saying people like sgphoto, who start threads on discussion boards should expect discussion.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

    azkid (April 9th, 2020), catbert (April 9th, 2020), Deb (April 9th, 2020), TSherbs (April 9th, 2020)

  20. #33
    Senior Member Deb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 758 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Guyy, my apologies for misinterpreting your comment. I am glad that you meant what you meant, and not what I thought you meant!
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog
    My Pen Sales

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

    TSherbs (April 9th, 2020)

  22. #34
    Senior Member Deb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 758 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    I'm sorry the stress has gotten to you. You asked for input. I haven't insulted you, and nothing I've done or said warrants that last response to me.

    Enjoy your pens.
    It's getting rid of a passive-agressive asshat. It's liberating.
    You succeeded and the board is poorer for it.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog
    My Pen Sales

  23. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    994
    Thanks
    611
    Thanked 624 Times in 347 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Guyy, my apologies for misinterpreting your comment. I am glad that you meant what you meant, and not what I thought you meant!
    Oops. Me too. All set now ...

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  24. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Added FP Nibs.com - nib problems and ink flow problems. Smart guy.

  25. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    Pennsler Pen Company - How To Restore Vintage Nib (Sheaffer Balance).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_rrx-ZdlQ&t=92s

  26. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    "How Do You Repair a Bent Fountain Pen Nib?? Case Study: Pelikan M205 Star Ruby.
    Gentleman of the Pen on youtube.

    This is guaranteed to make some people cringe and gasp in horror while others will see it and give it a try.

  27. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.


  28. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 279 Times in 139 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Youtube Pen Repair - Who Should be on the list and why.

    I'm in the process of adding Youtube nib grinding videos to the first post. This will cover nibmeisters and related videos.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •