Thread: Lamy 27 is a really nice pen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

Default Lamy 27 is a really nice pen

Before Lamy 2000 took the stage in the spotlight, Lamy 27 was.

I got this one from a collection that I acquired last year. Metal cap, probably rolled gold and the engraving on the barrel just say Lamy 27, no letters following the number.

When I first handle it, it feels light, but as I use it to do the sketch (and some writing prior to that), the pen feels more "sure" as the time goes.
    It's one of those pens that is difficult to describe, but once in a while without even realizing it, I stopped writing and looked at the pen thinking "Cool!".

I love piston fillers, especially German ones, and this Lamy is no exception. It is supposed to have a lot of ink capacity, and the ink window is clearly visible, so I can control how much ink I want to fill the pen with.

How's the nib?

The nib is partially hooded, not as much as Parker 45 though, so you still can see the breathing hole. Unlike my other German piston fillers from this era, this one writes very very fine. I would classify it as EF.

The sketch is of an adobe style house.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

amk (April 10th, 2022), Barry Gabay (January 7th, 2022), carlos.q (April 5th, 2020), catbert (April 5th, 2020), Chrissy (April 4th, 2020), da vinci (January 8th, 2022), Lady Onogaro (April 5th, 2020), manoeuver (January 6th, 2022), Motomachi10 (July 29th, 2022), pajaro (January 6th, 2022), PithyProlix (April 25th, 2023), Schaumburg_Swan (January 7th, 2022), sospiro (April 5th, 2020), welch (December 15th, 2021), Yazeh (December 14th, 2021)