Thread: Cross Bailey Converter

Thanks

Default Cross Bailey Converter

I'm sure this has been discuss before, but the Cross Screw In Converter (8756) absolutely does not fit in my Cross Bailey. I've seen some forums where people says it does, but trust me, it does not fit in my Bailey. Not even close, way to long. Can someone confirm this for me.

I will add, it almost looks like something is stuck up in the barrel but I can't tell and if there is something, it's not coming out. And no, it's not a cartridge. Somebody for the love of god, help me. Also, my Bailey does not seem to have threads. Could it be a defect pen? It's definitely a Bailey.

Pictures below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrbailey; April 8th, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,586 Times in 699 Posts

Default Re: Cross Bailey Converter

I should probably wait for someone more expert to answer you, but my one Cross pen is a Bailey, bought on sale about 4 years ago. As you can see from the picture below, it is quite a different style from yours. The section is threaded on the inside to hold the screw in converter.

For all I know, there may have been an earlier version of the Bailey, which would be what you have. Did you buy this pen new, and how long have you had it? If the inside of the section is not threaded, then it was probably meant to take a different converter, regardless of the model name. The posts that you've found saying that it takes the screw in converter were probably referring to the "Bailey" model that I have.

If you think something is stuck inside the barrel, then perhaps you could try measuring the length of the barrel by itself. Then stick a pipe cleaner or some other thin object inside it, and measure the length of the part that will fit inside. If it's implausibly shorter than the outside length of the barrel, then maybe something really is stuck in there. I leave it to others to suggest how to get it out, as I don't want to be responsible for the destruction of your pen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kaputnik; April 8th, 2020 at 08:32 PM.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton