Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Indian fountain pen recommendations?

Thanks

Default Re: Any Indian fountain pen recommendations?

Please refer to webisite
    https://www.fountainpenindia.com/gama- For Gama Pen, It is more than 100 yrs old Pen makers

[IMG]ffountainpenindia.com[/IMG]- Please find Gama Filigiri Silver penPHOTO-2020-08-18-13-05-05 (1).jpgPHOTO-2020-08-18-13-05-05.jpg

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajha1970 For This Useful Post:

amk (October 13th, 2020), AndyLogan (November 10th, 2020), damfino (September 10th, 2020), Detman101 (August 31st, 2020), Scrawler (July 13th, 2021)

Thanks

I am a fan of KanWrite's pens and nibs, and have several. There are, however, a few things about KanWrite that I'd like to add:
    1. KanWrite do sell direct to consumer, and can be contacted over email or WhatsApp. Their email is kanpurwriters@gmail.com. If anyone needs their WhatsApp number (which happens to be a cellphone), please message me here or email choombak AT gmail DOT com. They typically send you the latest catalog and pricelist over email, and are very quick to respond.
    2. KanWrite top-end pens, Desire and Heritage, are Bock threaded (in my experience). Both pens write flawlessly, with Heritage being my favorite. If you go with KW, then Heritage is what you should opt for.
    3. They also make nib units, which can be Bock or Jowo threaded. If you order direct from them, grab several nib units, which can give a head-on competition to Bock. I haven't seen the nib units offered for sale at their dealers.

Hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to choombak For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (October 14th, 2020)

Thanks

I would recommend something from my personal experiences.

1. Deccan: Deccan are really well made FP with ebonite body and feed. They use KanWrite nibs which is really smooth and awesome. Deccan nowadays have acrylic bodies and Deccan author have their own Deccan Nibs. I've only Deccan Advocate fountain pen. It wasn't easy to get outside india I must say. Had a lot of difficulties to send the payment.

2. Ranga: I've only Ranga Model 8B with Bock#6 titanium nib which is really well made Fountain pen with Bock, JoWo, Schmidt nibs. Payment was easy (PayPal). The pen comes after 1 months depending on the shipping and so on. Pens are quite huge but I like them.

3. Airmail/Wality: I own 71JT from them. I got this from an indian friend of mine. But if you check eBay there is plenty of them. Airmail nibs are good and smooth with an ebonite feed. I never had problem with this pen as an eyedropper.

4. KanWrite: I don't have any pen from them but I used their nibs and the feed which made me think that KanWrite mostly have the smoother nibs "Made in India". Since I had previously experienced some scratchy nibs from india by Montex or from FPR.

5. FPR: Fountain Pen Revolution have gave me mixed experience. I've their FPR Muft pen, FPR Himalaya V1, FPR Jaipur V1, FPR Indus. I liked the FPR Muft and the Jaipur pen most where Himalaya V1 I liked it's color but have some issues like Ink leakage, scratchy nib and ink evaporation and same with the FPR Indus. Which is why I said mixed experience with them.

6. Camlin: Camlin Elegant have nice smoother nibs compare to many old camlin FP which had scratchy nibs. Overall improving.
    Last edited by abmsadi06; November 3rd, 2020 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks

What a great rundown--thank you!