Thread: Dialer Pencils/Autopoint/Mark Sense

Thanks

Default Dialer Pencils/Autopoint/Mark Sense

My father worked for the telephone company. I do remember seeing these at his office. Autopoint made them, perhaps other makers as well. Mark Sense is whole other topic and related to IMB punch card technology. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_sense

This is the only red one I have seen. Black and green are common. Usually stamped "Bell Property". Many Esterbrook FP's were stamped "Bell Property" as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: Dialer Pencils/Autopoint/Mark Sense

That's a neat pencil! This dialer pencil looks completely different from the dialer fountain pens which typically had a prolonged tapered end instead of a ball end. A ball end makes much more sense actually.

These pencils would serve great in these Corona-Covid times, if we still had rotary phones.

Thanks

Pencil arrived. What I learned is Auto Point pencils advance, but do not retract.

Senior Member INeedAFinancialAdvisor's Avatar
    Thanks

that's neat

sad thought: people born anytime after about 2000 will not understand the term "hang up the phone" unless someone explains it to them... :/

damn.
    I'm old... i don't FEEL old... i certainly don't LOOK as old as my dad did at my age... may have to do with the fact i don't have kids... kids like i was... oh...

i think i owe someone an apology...

anyways! neat pencil! thanks for sharing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by INeedAFinancialAdvisor View Post
    that's neat

sad thought: people born anytime after about 2000 will not understand the term "hang up the phone" unless someone explains it to them... :/

damn.
    I'm old... i don't FEEL old... i certainly don't LOOK as old as my dad did at my age... may have to do with the fact i don't have kids... kids like i was... oh...

i think i owe someone an apology...

anyways! neat pencil! thanks for sharing
    I hadn't thought about the saying "hang up the phone" in a long time. How about, "she hung up on me"??

As to children making you look older, they sure can. I have three children and 10 grand children. So far I am none the less for wear.

I had another similar type red Mark Sense KS8300 on my watch list and got a message with an offer of $2.25. It's on the way here.,LOL!!

Thanks

$2.25! sweet deal!

the problem with "the bay" in Canada is buying things from the states and that damned "global shipping program"
    $25USD/$35CAD to ship ONE PEN !!! When the US has something like this:

Small Box 8 11/16" x 5 7/16" x 1 3/4" SmallFlatRateBox $7.65
    (source: https://www.easypost.com/usps-flat-r...es-and-pricing)

it takes a pen that otherwise was selling at a good (sometimes excellent) (say $40-60) price and makes it "well, that wasn't really a great deal after all" because now we're at $100

Thanks

$2.25! sweet deal!
    the problem with "the bay" in Canada is buying things from the states and that damned "global shipping program"
    The same holds true for Europe: the global shipping program is awfully and unnecessary expensive and, in my view, is just designed to take an additional transaction fee on the account of the buyer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    $2.25! sweet deal!
    The same holds true for Europe: the global shipping program is awfully and unnecessary expensive and, in my view, is just designed to take an additional transaction fee on the account of the buyer.
    Oh ABSOLUTELY, its just one more way for eBay to get paid. the problem is, they are getting less SALES because of it... so in the grand scheme, i wonder if they are actually making more money, or just causing people to hate eBay... (i suspect the latter)