Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Sans Ink

Quote Originally Posted by Fermata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    What's been going on with you guys?
    I have 100% more ink than I have penguins.
    My father once told me that you can never be certain about anything and any statement should be qualified.

I suggest an amendment to 'I have 100% more ink than I have penguins as far as I know'.
    I think that maybe your father's statement itself should be subject to qualification.
    As Tom Stoppard said "From principles is derived probability, but truth or certainty is obtained only from facts."

I could also say that I have 100% more ink than I have penguins. This is a fact I know because I know I have ink and I know I don't have any penguins.
    At the risk of being pedantic and being called a maths genius, 100% of nothing is still nothing.
    To have humorous asides dissected is so dispiriting.

In my small existence, the amount of space (in all manifestations of that term) that is allotted for ink is completely full. It is at capacity, and I consider it 100% completed with no room to expand. I have, precisely , ZERO penguins. As I desire, seek and expect to have not even one more penguin than I currently have, I strongly believe that the ratio between inks and penguins will not change. 100% ink, 0% penguins. I'm sticking with this assessment and statement.

(P.S. I'm just having fun here, I'm not upset or anything!)
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; June 20th, 2020 at 04:06 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 20th, 2020), Scrawler (June 27th, 2020)