Thread: Post your Contentious Virus Posts Here

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: Post your Contentious Virus Posts Here

No choice here either - we were "essential" the entire time, and in any event the bills must be paid. Several of our business's clients died from COVID, including individuals who engaged in strong self-isolation measures. They got COVID through close family contacts, despite precautions. In each case, there was at least one person exposed outside the family circle, then it came in through that contact before the contact knew it. Some people were sickened, but some also died.

No vaccination for me yet. My parents qualify but there's a 1-month lag between getting an appointment and getting a shot. My grandmother is 91, but they cancelled her appointment. She's trying again. My grandfather is already lost to COVID: one of many people in nursing homes who died when infected patients were mixed into the population. Originally they denied anything to do with COVID, and only when the National Guard went into the homes locally did they find the true extent of the cover-up regarding COVID patients in nursing homes. The Governor ran as far away from that as he could, once it came to light.

There are all these photo opts and videos of people going to vaccine stations. The evening news is there every day. The government is touting how many people are vaccinated. Yet of the people I talk to, there are only a couple who have been vaccinated. The closest analogy is the Soviet Union or the iron curtain in the 1970s-80s. Many people have had appointments cancelled in our area because of low vaccine supply, though the excuses always given for the cancellation are vague. Sometimes no excuse is even attempted. I know one couple who were vaccinated before their group was set to go. They got vaccinated by waiting around Walgreen's all day, and at the end of the day there were a couple left-over doses. I know another couple people who went early because they knew a person involved in local social services, who then hooked them up with appointments. Of course, the politicians got vaccinated first, of course. The commissars always go first. In the eastern bloc, and the late Soviet Union it was a car, or washing machine, or even food at the end. Here it's vaccine doses. In a way, we became what we used to disdain.The posters and slogans the politicians put out are sickening in themselves. Slogans, posters, and reporters don't deliver vaccine and don't treat the dying any more than they could deliver washers, food, and cars in the iron curtain.
    Last edited by Ray-VIgo; March 4th, 2021 at 09:15 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ray-VIgo For This Useful Post:

adhoc (March 4th, 2021), dneal (March 4th, 2021)