Thread: (article) Why we should all be keeping coronavirus journals

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: (article) Why we should all be keeping coronavirus journals

I wish I could write with much more style, if I could I would write more in the hope that one day I would read it and and really enjoy looking back at the grace of my words on the page, but I am beyond hope.

I thought it would be good to try and channel some Hemingway into what I wrote but there are only a limited number of times that you can start a sentence with 'they come down from the mountains and the hills. the valleys echoed to their footsteps, their boots were wet and gave them pain but they came to the Church door, out of respect for Johnny, or at least his father.' or 'How little we know of of what a good ink and pen this may be, just what is there to know. I wish that I were going to live a long time to explain it all instead of knowing that the virus will kill me this day, because I have learned much about life and how it is set down before me.

My other great favorite is Garrison Keillor but after I have written “That's the trouble with the lakeside stories they all result in knowing that all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above-average, the pens are Fine but not so as you would notice".

I think I need to read more and write less before I dare attempt journalling.
    Last edited by Johnny_S; May 3rd, 2020 at 10:31 AM.