Thread: Charles Dickens.

Thanks

Default Charles Dickens.

Hello I am looking for a bottle of Charles Dickens ink made by De-Aramentis that can be posted to me from the UK. Or even an empty bottle of Charles Dickens ink that I can fill with a similar looking ink. This to me is the Grail of Inks.

This request is because I cannot justify paying the ridiculous postage costs charged for sending a new 2oz bottle of this ink (in all cases more than the product itself) when I compare it to the proven fact that I am able to send a 30 kilo parcel to my children in the Czech Republic for less than £25 which can be picked up at my front door.

Does anybody have one please?
    Last edited by DavidDecorator; May 10th, 2020 at 02:54 AM. Reason: typo.
    A working class hero is something to be. (John Lennon)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,473 Times in 4,007 Posts

Default Re: Charles Dickens.

In case you weren't aware, all of the special characters inks are the same as inks from the standard range. De A Charles Dickens ink is also known as De A Cement Grey ink.
    So if you can find Cement Grey anywhere in the UK, then it's the same ink, just labelled differently. In case the label is the most important thing for you, then you should consider ordering directly from De Atramentis or La Couronne du Comte. as they seem to have the cheapest shipping to the UK.
    If you wish to place an order with shared shipping then please feel free to PM me as I might be willing to share a shipment.
    Alternatively you could always ask The Writing Desk or Pure Pens to add a bottle to their next order. I'm sure they will be happy to oblige.
    Last edited by Chrissy; May 10th, 2020 at 08:11 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

See this article for source and discount: http://www.gourmetpens.com/2019/10/d...ottle.html?m=1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    In case you weren't aware, all of the special characters inks are the same as inks from the standard range. De A Charles Dickens ink is also known as De A Cement Grey ink.
    So if you can find Cement Grey anywhere in the UK, then it's the same ink, just labelled differently. In case the label is the most important thing for you, then you should consider ordering directly from De Atramentis or La Couronne du Comte. as they seem to have the cheapest shipping to the UK.
    If you wish to place an order with shared shipping then please feel free to PM me as I might be willing to share a shipment.
    Alternatively you could always ask The Writing Desk or Pure Pens to add a bottle to their next order. I'm sure they will be happy to oblige.
    Thanks Chrissy. Yes I was aware but I particularly want the actual bottle to go on top of my writing beureau along with my Victorian candlesticks, Quill, Charles Dickens Book etc. Then I can always refill it with the Cement Grey.