Thread: Is Aurora's 18K alloy pinkish, or did I mistakenly receive a rose gold nib?

Thanks

Default Is Aurora's 18K alloy pinkish, or did I mistakenly receive a rose gold nib?

Hello,

Recently got an Aurora with an 18K nib. The pen's trim is yellow, the nib is supposed to match. To my eye, it's pinkish, which is the opposite of what I'd expect (higher gold content should make the alloy yellower, in theory). Confirmed by holding it next to another Aurora with a yellow gold nib (14K), and holding both to next to my wife's ring which has white, yellow, and rose gold bands.

To be honest, the mismatch bothers me a bit. If that's just the way it's supposed to be, then I'll live with it -- but if it can be fixed, i.e. the seller installed a rose gold nib by mistake, I will probably contact them.

Could folks with 18K yellow gold Aurora nibs help me out? What color are your nibs?

Thanks!

The attached photos tone down the difference quite a bit -- the one where I'm holding the pen is closest to real life on my monitor.

IMG_20200518_121044.jpg
    IMG_20200518_121209.jpg
    IMG_20200518_112836.jpg
    Last edited by Ahriman4891; May 18th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Default Re: Is Aurora's 18K alloy pinkish, or did I mistakenly receive a rose gold nib?

Aurora gold nibs are available as rose gold, yellow gold or white gold. It sounds like you might have a rose gold nib on a pen with yellow gold trim. However, it's not very easy to see the difference in the pictures.
    If you just bought it then you should be able to return it to the seller.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Default Re: Is Aurora's 18K alloy pinkish, or did I mistakenly receive a rose gold nib?

Yes, I'll likely ask them for a return/exchange. Thanks, Chrissy.