Thread: Noodlers Legal Lapis

Thanks

Default Noodlers Legal Lapis

Please share any thoughts you may have regarding Noodler's Legal Lapis Ink.
    Am wondering if Legal Lapis is comparable to Noodler's Legal Blue?
    Thank you.

Thanks

Default Re: Noodlers Legal Lapis

I've used Legal Lapis for 15 years purchased from Pendemonium. I've never used Legal Blue.

Lapis has a slightly dark greenish-blue tint when first applied that darkens considerably on drying to a dark blue/black with an almost imperceptible green-teal shading. But this is not a shading ink.

The final color is closer to KWZ Iron Gall Blue #5 with the greenish-teal slight shade.

It has been in one pen or another all the time for 15 years, and I just bought my third bottle from Pendemonium a month ago. It flows nicely but is not a gusher like Bad Blue Heron.

I went to Goulet Pens and saw the Noodler Legal Blue example. It appears that Legal Blue is much lighter in tone than the Lapis. Personally, that Legal Blue is too light for me, but YMMV. I typically prefer darker inks in blues with the exception of Liberty's Elysium and the non-permanent Diamine Imperial Blue, Prussian Blue, and Royal Blue.

As I have cut down on the number of inks I want and use, Legal Lapis has remained in my stash with iron galls and a few Diamine inks. It's my favorite Noodler ink and has replaced Noodler Black, Waterman Black, Heart of Darkness, and many others. I've gotten bored with blacks. Where I might have used a black ink before, I now use Legal Lapis, ESSRI, Salix, or KWZ iron gall Blue #5 or ig Blue Black.

Try a bottle and see what you think. It's a premium ink to me and well worth the price.

Cheers,
    Sg
    Last edited by sgphoto; May 20th, 2020 at 12:37 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (May 20th, 2020)

Thanks

Thanks for your comprehensive and informative post, SG.
    Much appreciated!'
    I will definitely order Lapis from Pendemonium and give it a try.
    Kind regards,
    Henry

Thanks

You're welcome. Pendemonium are good people and will treat you right.
    Let us know what you think about Legal Lapis after you get a chance to give it a try.

Cheers,
    SG

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto View Post
    I've used Legal Lapis for 15 years purchased from Pendemonium. I've never used Legal Blue.

Lapis has a slightly dark greenish-blue tint when first applied that darkens considerably on drying to a dark blue/black with an almost imperceptible green-teal shading. But this is not a shading ink.

The final color is closer to KWZ Iron Gall Blue #5 with the greenish-teal slight shade.

It has been in one pen or another all the time for 15 years, and I just bought my third bottle from Pendemonium a month ago. It flows nicely but is not a gusher like Bad Blue Heron.

I went to Goulet Pens and saw the Noodler Legal Blue example. It appears that Legal Blue is much lighter in tone than the Lapis. Personally, that Legal Blue is too light for me, but YMMV. I typically prefer darker inks in blues with the exception of Liberty's Elysium and the non-permanent Diamine Imperial Blue, Prussian Blue, and Royal Blue.

As I have cut down on the number of inks I want and use, Legal Lapis has remained in my stash with iron galls and a few Diamine inks. It's my favorite Noodler ink and has replaced Noodler Black, Waterman Black, Heart of Darkness, and many others. I've gotten bored with blacks. Where I might have used a black ink before, I now use Legal Lapis, ESSRI, Salix, or KWZ iron gall Blue #5 or ig Blue Black.

Try a bottle and see what you think. It's a premium ink to me and well worth the price.

Cheers,
    Sg
    Your testimonial makes me want to try it....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

sgphoto (May 20th, 2020)

Thanks

I've never tried it but I would guess that it's similar to the UK Prime of the Commons. Maybe.
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)
    "Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Thanks

Thanks for your informative and comprehensive response, SG.
    Much appreciated.
    Looks like Lapis has all the characteristics I am searching for.
    Kind regards,
    Henry

Thanks

I purchased a bottle of Legal Lapis from Pendemonium and it is now my "go to" ink.
    Am partial to an 'old classic look' which I believe Lapis possesses.
    It is smooth, wet, and flows well in my Mr. Pen.
    Kind regards,
    Henry