Thread: Omas Large Piano Finish Display Box

Thanks

Default Omas Large Piano Finish Display Box

This is a gorgeous large piano finish lacquer wood box lined with cream colored velour that originally held an Omas Extra Lucens pen. The same model box was supplied with the Omas Arlecchino and several other high end special editions.

At one time I used mine as a display case for part of my Omas collection. I simply lined it with those slotted velour pen trays cut to size that can be purchased inexpensively and voila! A perfect and attractive pen chest. I sold my Omas pens some time ago so I no longer need the box. For illustrative purposes this picture shows the box holding some of my Nakaya Dorsal Fins Versions I and II. The pens are not included in this sale but will be on my table at the next show I attend, whenever that is.

The box measures approximately 10 1/2 inches wide, 9 inches deep, and 2 7/8 inches tall. The side of the cream velour insert that holds one pen has some staining where the pen sat. The other (flat) side is pristine, as is the inside of the case without the insert. The inside cover bears the logo "Omaggio ad Armando Simoni" (Tribute to Armando Simoni). Simoni was the founder of Omas. The box is accompanied by its original outer cardboard box.

There are two cracks on the reverse of the box above one hinge as shown in pictures below. The cover is intact and solid and the hinges work fine, but the cracks are there.

$100 plus $15 Priority Insured shipping within US

Email: whichwatch@roadrunner.com

The next two magnified pictures show the cracks in the back of the box

Pens are not included in the sale of the box. But if anyone needs a Dorsal Fin, drop me a line!

Thanks

Default Re: Omas Large Piano Finish Display Box

then pens in there are more interesting! is that an AO DF1 I see? or Midori?

Thanks

Default Re: Omas Large Piano Finish Display Box

It is Ao Tamenuri, with the most gorgeous color I have seen in the 7 or 8 Ao’s I had. I also have Dorsal Fin 2 in Midori Tamenuri.