Thread: Cross Radiance

Thanks

Default Cross Radiance

Thought I would do my first review as a relatively new member. I recently purchased a Cross Radiance (upgraded Solo?). I am unsure at to the year as I bought it from The Bay and the seller did not know the year as it was an estate sale. I received the pen and did a cleaning of the nib, feeder and outside of the barrel and cap. The pen is about 139.42mm long capped, 145.77mm posted and 11.80mm thick at the widest part of the barrel. The section at midpoint is roughly 9.92mm. The barrel length allows for a Cross cartridge to be inserted with a spare. Unfortunately I do not have a scale but it is light but not overly light. The barrel and cap are made of resin or plastic--I am not sure if there is a difference between the two and if so I do not know how to distinguish. This would be something one could let me know and I would be most appreciative.

Now to the review. The pen has a feature that allows the cap to click when posted. That bad boy ain't coming off while writing or waving about. The cap screws on and off smoothly and requires 2 turns. The nib is M and writes as a M or maybe tad toward the F side. The pen writes smoothly and effortlessly. Although I am 6'2" my fingers are slender so a thinner and lighter pen tends to fit comfortably I my hand. I also play flamenco and classical guitar which means I have nails on my writing hand so a thinner pen works even better given how I have to the hold the section. I really like this pen. It feels nice, looks nice, has a threaded cap, is more of a dry writer and writes like a dream. Hard to say anything bad about purple marble for the color. As to the dry writer, I make several lines and swiped my finger across it and a little ink bled out so I guess it is dry. I tend to prefer pens on the dry side as I write on ordinary paper.

Sadly Cross does not make the Radiance and Solo anymore but it is well worth the effort to find one at The Bay or elsewhere.

Rad 1.jpgRad 2.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roe D Hym For This Useful Post:

azkid (June 7th, 2020), elaineb (June 7th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Re: Cross Radiance

Thanks for the review and heads up on this model. It sure is pretty. I'm a sucker for anything purple but it would be a nice looking pen in any color.