Thread: Fake cross Peerless Fountain Pen

Thanks

Talking Fake cross Peerless Fountain Pen

Hi everyone,

Totally new here and pretty new to fountain pens. Looking for a little advice. I have fallen for the look of the cross peerless, love cross pens, and have been price hunting the past few days. They normally go around 200 to 400 but I have found a brand new special edition one for under 100 pounds. Was wondering if anyone has heard of these pens being faked? Saw that some of them seem to have the logo embossed with out the black background on the pocket clip.

Is it likely that there are fakes kicking about now of these pens and this price is too good to be true?

Pic of an example from amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cross-Peerl.../dp/B00NU8V1J8

Thanks

Default Re: Fake cross Peerless Fountain Pen

I have not heard of Cross pens being faked, the reviews look ok and by the delivery date of June 16 I assume that the seller is in the UK as opposed to China.

If I was being super cautious I would take note that there is only 1 in stock, could you be in a situation where the advert (as opposed to the pen) is fake and you are then told that the pen will be delayed in its delivery.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Like Fermata I've never heard of a fake Cross pen. They can sometimes be had at bargain prices because maybe they aren't the most popular fountain pens in the world.

In addition you're bombproof on Amazon with Amazon Prime items. You can return anything.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thanks guys, unfortunately this one isn't on amazon. Its another site which has really low prices on a lot of manufacturers, cross apogee at around 10 to 15 pounds etc. Seemed a little dodgie in terms of the prices being so low. Hadnt heard of them being faked either to be honest but these days really not sure 🤔

Thanks

Personally, I would not risk it, if it looks dodgy then it probably is.

No guarantees as to what, if anything, is going to arrive and if you don't have the benfit of Amazon or Paypal protection you are on your own.

Thanks

You are right, they do have PayPal as an option. Had a look through their other offerings and some of them are similarly priced to competitors. They have the peerless ballpoint pen for a tenner as well. And the Tokyo edition of the ballpoint is £80. Just concerned that if I order some fakes arrive and got the hastle of returning them.
    Last edited by Shiloh; June 10th, 2020 at 07:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Is it a site that sells fakes of everything then? If it looks too good to be true then it usually is.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

That's the thing, it doesn't appear to be full of fakes. Just a mix of different items. Some of their pens are close to retail and others a little more and some way less. Just odd that the peerless is so cheap, and the apogee is the same. The rest is a little under average. Also sell garden stuff and DIY. Such a weird mix. Really quite curious if there had ever been a siting of any cross fakes. The price of the pearless normally almost makes it worthwhile to fake

Thanks

If the price is as low as £10 then I would look at any reviews from other people and if they are generally positive and it really is the ballpoint for then I would pay on Paypal and see what happens, you can be reasonably sure that if there is a problem on non delivery then Paypal will support you and if its a fake then you have a choice of living with a fake pen that you like the look of but you haven't actually spent a huge amount in buying.

Other brands are widely copied, Montblanc in particular, I haven't seen a fake Cross pen but nothing would surprise me.

Thanks

I have done some digging. The sites reviews seem to be from amazon. And managed to track down their email server which is liked to lots of scam companies. Actually gutted but should have known better, carried away yet again. At least I never made the purchase. Going to have to keep looking for a good deal (one that's not too good to be true tho)