Thread: Got up early to see this:

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

Default Got up early to see this:

We have at least one regular hedgehog visitor and have been putting out food for several years. We even made sure there was a built-in hedgehog hole in the concrete gravel board in our new fence.

During lockdown we decided to clean out the "Schwegler hedgehog dome" house after winter to find that two hedgehogs had hibernated in there, but it was then full of woodlice and ants and the hay was dirty.

It was obvious that no hedgehog was currently living there. So we cleaned it out and after the washed hay was dry again we mixed it with a few leaves and put the home back together.

For a few nights we've been seeing two hedgehogs that have been having a sparring match between themselves and I kept my fingers crossed that one of them might move in.

This morning OH called me downstairs very early to find a hedgehog going back and forth between the hedgehog dome and the bamboo to collect bamboo leaves and carry them back to the house. I am so thrilled. Then I rushed upstairs and grabbed my iPhone in order to make my first ever video on it. Here it is:

(The hedgehog dome is behind the greyish/white bush)
    Last edited by Chrissy; June 14th, 2020 at 10:10 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

countrydirt (June 14th, 2020), INeedAFinancialAdvisor (June 14th, 2020), junglejim (June 14th, 2020), Lady Onogaro (June 15th, 2020), Marsilius (June 14th, 2020), SchaumburgSwan (June 14th, 2020), sospiro (June 15th, 2020), VertOlive (June 16th, 2020)