Thread: FS: Books, Books, Books

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default FS: Books, Books, Books

I know this site has quite a number of people who like to read when they aren't using or cleaning their pens.

I'm starting this thread to list and, hopefully, sell some books. I recently moved and no longer have the space I once had to store them. Sadly, I had to throw quite a good number of books away as there was no place open yet to donate them.

I'm also not able to take pictures right now. I'll try to describe the books as best I can and will happily answer any questions sent to me via private message.

I plan to regularly update and add books to this thread.

First batch:

A History of Britain by Simon Schama. 3 Volumes (At the Edge of the World 3500 B.C. - 1603 A.D.; The Wars of the British 1603-1776; The Fate of the Empire 1776-2000), all hardcover with dust jackets. They were published by Talk Miramax Books from 2001 to 2002.

The condition of all three is like new or very close to it. The dust jacket of volume one has a slight tear at the bottom that has been taped. $38 for the three volume set, including shipping in the USA.

Collected Stories by W. Somerset Maugham. Everyman's Library, 2004, hardcover with dj. 839 pages with a sewn in bookmark. Like new. $14 including shipping in the USA.

Wittgenstein's Poker by David Edmonds and John Eidinow. Ecco, hardcover with dj (1st Ed.) 340 pages, like new. $5 including shipping in the USA. Sold.

Pontius Pilate by Ann Wroe. Random House, 1999, hardcover with dj, 412 pages, like new. $6 including shipping in the USA Sold.

The Oxford Companion to Philosophy edited by Ted Honderich. Oxford, 1995, hardcover with dj, 1009 pages, like new. $10 including shipping in the USA. Sold.

A lot of two British Library Crime Classics paperbacks: Thirteen Guests by J. Jefferson Farjeon (2015, Poisoned Pen Press, 286 pages) and Death of an Airman by Christopher St. John Sprigg (2015, Poisoned Pen Press, 253 pages). Death of an Airman is like new. Thirteen Guests has some very light shelf wear. $13 including shipping in the USA. Sold.
    Last edited by Zhivago; August 4th, 2020 at 04:41 PM.