Thread: Dr. David Isaacson has given us a spectacular archive of pen company literature

Thanks

Default Dr. David Isaacson has given us a spectacular archive of pen company literature

Breathtaking collection of pen company literature at Pen Collectors of America. As Farmboy notes, it is here: https://pencollectorsofamerica.org/reference-library/
    Last edited by welch; June 17th, 2020 at 09:56 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to welch For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (June 20th, 2020), silverlifter (June 16th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 4,021 Posts

Default Re: Dr. David Isaacson has given us a spectacular archive of pen company literature

This possibly includes a significant amount of material that was lifted out of the PCA online library without permission. The incident occurred a few years ago. Much debate ensued, including a heated thread on his own pen forum, which is now mostly dead.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; June 16th, 2020 at 10:29 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

AzJon (June 17th, 2020), Deb (June 17th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

Default Re: Dr. David Isaacson has given us a spectacular archive of pen company literature

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

welch (June 17th, 2020)

Thanks

Ah. Having read that all of it came from the hard work of PCA, and especially that PCA uses, or did use, the archive as a reason to join and support the PCA, I'm convinced.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to welch For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (June 17th, 2020)

Thanks

Now, I would join PCA if there was an electronic way to join. Is there? Here is the Membership spot: https://pencollectorsofamerica.org/membership/

Looks like PCA wants a prospect to write a letter with check to Todd Eberspacher. I have not written a check in a long time...

(Aha! Tucked away on the Home page, PCA says: "For payment by PayPal, please contact us at membership@pencollectorsofamerica.com to be invoiced" Good enough)
    Last edited by welch; June 17th, 2020 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by welch View Post
    Looks like PCA wants a prospect to write a letter with check
    Presumably to verify that prospective members do, in fact, use fountain pens...
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverlifter For This Useful Post:

AzJon (June 17th, 2020), welch (June 17th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    Looks like PCA wants a prospect to write a letter with check
    Presumably to verify that prospective members do, in fact, use fountain pens...
    Ha!

I am also a "software engineer", and have been for about 40 years. My division of GE probably invented email in the late '60's, as something called CrossFile, written "XFile". It was the email system used inside GE and grew into a commercial offering, called Quick*Com by the mid-80's. The Company put my paycheck into the bank from the day I started; since ConEd and the mortgage company began accepting electronic payments, I've written fewer and fewer checks. Might have some grunged-up checks somewhere, but...

Thinking about it, I used pencils and a ballpoint from 1980 onward. A fountain pen would treat print-out like a blotter. Tried a fountain pen a few times in the '90's, just for nostalgia, since I'd been used a fountain pen since about 1958. It was only after my hand fell apart from too much mouse-use, as I had been promoted to spots where I mostly wrote, that I went back to fountain pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

Now, I would join PCA if there was an electronic way to join. Is there? Here is the Membership spot: https://pencollectorsofamerica.org/membership/

Looks like PCA wants a prospect to write a letter with check to Todd Eberspacher. I have not written a check in a long time...

(Aha! Tucked away on the Home page, PCA says: "For payment by PayPal, please contact us at membership@pencollectorsofamerica.com to be invoiced" Good enough)
    Excellent. I’ll prod him to get you taken care of.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Kudzu (July 22nd, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 4,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Excellent. I’ll prod him to get you taken care of.
    Let him know to expect a note from me, as well.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 6,433 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    ...Excellent. I’ll prod him to get you taken care of.
    At least you won't need a long prod.

Thanks

Farmboy should have a Fi-Shock laying around.

Thanks

Thanks, all. I got a friendly email from Todd last night. Now waiting for an email from David Wright for an invoice.