We all know that Omas went defunct and parts of it were sold off. Equipment was sold to one company (Scribo), material to another (Armando Simoni) and the brand itself to another. One of the more important bits of Omas that was sold off was its IP, designs, trademarks, and any other aspect associated with the Omas name. This was sold to Ancora. Ancora had said they were going to begin releasing Omas pens again under the Omas name back in 2018 and since then have been silent and even going to the Omas website shows an error. I don't think this brand will ever come back as Ancora is more likely to continue building their own brand as well as due to the current global and economic climate, they probably don't have the time or resources to spare.

I posted this sentiment on Reddit and was directed to a different forum on a similar discussion regarding Ancora, Armando Simoni, and Scribo. Little did I know that this was a bit of a charged topic as some believe that Armando Simoni and Scribo are vying to be seen as the "New Omas". What are your guys' thoughts? I don't think that the Omas spirit has been kept alive all that well since their departure. I am really intrigued by the brand even though I arrived in the fountain pen world quite recently. Do you think Omas will come back in some fashion under the brand name?

Also, I found an interesting analysis on Omas from 2016 when they were being liquidated. It goes into detail about some of the hardships and losses the Chinese company that acquired them suffered as well as the enormous price tag they paid.

http://www.peneconomics.com/blog/201...closure.<br />