Thread: First Estie and first new sac

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default First Estie and first new sac

I was in a local antique mall and singing a siren song to me was a blue Esterbrook SJ. This is my first real venture into vintage pens, as the first was a gift from my mom of my dad's Sheaffer Sentinel pen & pencil set from 1948. When I tried the lever I heard a distinct crunch of a dried out sac. I promptly ordered what I needed from Anderson Pens and tried to wait patiently for the supplies to arrive. The whole process of replacing the sac went surprisingly well considering that I have never done anything along these lines with a pen. So here it is, cleaned, new sac, and full of ink ....and somehow there is another coming later in the week😃 I think these pens might be like potato chips and I can't have too many. This pen is a deep, beautiful blue, but my camera just doesn't show its true color.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tscweaves For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

carlos.q (July 7th, 2020), Chuck Naill (July 8th, 2020), countrydirt (July 7th, 2020), DCmin (July 18th, 2020), FredRydr (July 13th, 2020), INeedAFinancialAdvisor (July 7th, 2020), Jon Szanto (July 7th, 2020), pajaro (July 13th, 2020), Sailor Kenshin (July 7th, 2020), SchaumburgSwan (July 7th, 2020), Scrawler (July 8th, 2020)