Thread: July 9th, 2020 in Hidalgo County Texas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: July 9th, 2020 in Hidalgo County Texas

Quote Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
    jar, I am sorry that you are having to deal with such a horrific spike in cases. I am in Wisconsin, and a few weeks ago my county was in the top 10 hotspots for the country. The government response overall to this crisis so frustrating, along with the individuals who still think it is "just the flu". I cannot even remember how many times I have had to ask people to back away from me when I have been in the stores, and the number of people going out without masks is appalling. My mom is 89 and my brother & I have grounded her from going out, she fusses about it, but that is the way it has to be. My dad contracted the virus in the hospital a few weeks ago and died on June 20th. This is such a scary time in our world.
    Sorry to hear about your father. It’s tough any time but it has to be worse when you can’t safely mourn in the company of others.

My mother is in Walworth County and has a million health issues. Walworth County isn’t too bad, but she’s had to go in to UW hospital a couple times, most recently last week, just as infections were spiking in Madison. So far so good, though, knock on wood.

This crisis has shown that our political system is not up to the task of dealing with Covid-19. I’d like to say that the people have taken leadership, but i don’t think that would be accurate. Even here in NYC where we heard sirens round the clock people have become lax about masks. I fear we’re in for another wave.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

tscweaves (July 11th, 2020)