Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ink Review: Pilot Iroshizuku asa-gao (Morning Glory)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Pilot Iroshizuku asa-gao (Morning Glory)

This morning I've received a message from an ebay seller in Japan that Japan Post is not currently airlifting mail to the UK so he can't currently sell me a bottle of ink. I have no reason to believe he wouldn't sell one to me if he could so must assume he's telling me the truth.

I will check out what the sellers at Rakuten say, but it may be that they have the same problem. If I get a price that is over £25 then I would rather just buy it here at £29. It's easier.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    This morning I've received a message from an ebay seller in Japan that Japan Post is not currently airlifting mail to the UK so he can't currently sell me a bottle of ink. I have no reason to believe he wouldn't sell one to me if he could so must assume he's telling me the truth.

I will check out what the sellers at Rakuten say, but it may be that they have the same problem. If I get a price that is over £25 then I would rather just buy it here at £29. It's easier.
    I have nothing against thewritingdesk.co.uk, I love them
    As for the ebay. There are 2 reasons, one is for sure, the other is probable:
    1) three months ago Japan Post almost completely stopped delivery abroad, then they time to time started delivery to some particular countries, but not all services (main services we use are EMS, AIRMAIL and often SAL - which a kind of a cheaper airmail combined with surface delivery), the point is this "we deliver here, we still do not delivery there" Japan Post updates were a bit confusing so sellers either started using DHL (quite expensive) or stopped delivery abroad completely and not all of them have resumed,
    2) to a plenty of countries SAL is still not available and since it is what most ebay sellers use they just say they cannot deliver instead of explaining the details (otherwise they would have to cover it themselves, so they simply rather say "no").

Above all I would recommend https://www.instagram.com/komamono_honpo/ They are flawless in every way.

EMS and Airmail is available to te U.K. at the moment (but is not to Ireland for some reason), not sure regarding SAL:
    https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/in...6_01_01_en.pdf
    I would choose Airmail (probably without tracking number, it will not get lost and is 3-4 quid cheaper than Airmail with a tracking number). EMS is a waste of money in case of a single bottle of ink.
    Last edited by aurore; July 15th, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aurore For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (July 15th, 2020)

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I tried to get Google to translate the komamono_honpo page but it didn't do it. Not sure why. Perhaps it doesn't like Safari.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Thanks for the information. I tried to get Google to translate the komamono_honpo page but it didn't do it. Not sure why. Perhaps it doesn't like Safari.
    Cannot expect apple like google It's unimportant, just send them a direct message on instagram, they will organize anything, their page is irrelevant.

Thanks

I got around to reloading my pen:
    thanks for the review again Chrissy.
    Have a great day.

Cheers,
    VT

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VerticalTwin For This Useful Post:

aurore (July 15th, 2020), damfino (September 7th, 2020), Detman101 (January 4th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VerticalTwin View Post
    I got around to reloading my pen:
    thanks for the review again Chrissy.
    Have a great day.

Cheers,
    VT
    You're welcome. You have nice handwriting. Have a great day yourself.

Thanks

The bottom line is that heatwaves should not be taken lightly. By understanding what defines a heatwave, as well as the risks and dangers associated with them, people can better prepare themselves and keep cool during periods of hot weather. https://heatwavehq.com/best-portable-heat-pump/