Thread: Pelikan 400 Cap turns piston knob when posted

Thanks

Default Pelikan 400 Cap turns piston knob when posted

My green 400 cap will turn the piston knob when I am removing it after using it posted unless I am conscious and twist it clockwise. I manage to do this most of the time. Does anyone else have this problem? Any cures?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: Pelikan 400 Cap turns piston knob when posted

When you're posting a piston operated pen with a tight cap on the piston knob then you are almost guaranteed to twist the piston knob if you twist the cap in the piston opening direction to remove it. After all you're merely extending the length of the piston knob by adding a cap onto the end of it.

The cures are either: not to post the cap, pull it straight off without twisting it, or remember to only twist it in the direction that would close the piston knob.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Default Re: Pelikan 400 Cap turns piston knob when posted

Thanks Chrissy. I have another 400 as well as a 100 and a 200 and none of them do it. I have not used it very much but am now using it a couple of times a day and it seems to not be doing it as much so it may be a usage issue. It has an OM nib which has taken some adjustment on my part hence the minimal usage, but I am starting to get the "hang" of it and am able to appreciate it more.