Hi Folks,

My regulars include a Platinum 3776 in Fine, a Sailor Pro Gear in Fine, and a Pilot 912 in SF.

• I like the feedback on the 3776, and I wonder if it could maintain the same flow but be smoother
  • I enjoy the slightly reduced feedback of the Pro Gear, but I wonder if the flow could be increased.
  • The feel of the Pilot is nice, but I wish it had more feedback to guide me, the flow is insane!

I recently discovered that I dropped my Platinum 3776 in Soft Fine in a parking lot. This story does not end well. I found it crushed to pieces two days later. I actually saved the nib and the band from the cap, but the nib is slightly separated from the feed, so.....RIP.

That said, I'm seeking something that fits in between these, and I'm looking at either a Pilot 912 in Fine, a Sailor 1911L in Fine, or perhaps another Platinum 3776 in SF. All of which can be had for under $200 USD from various markets, new. I may even consider a Pilot Falcon in SEF, but have read and viewed some conflicting reports about that pen.

Has anyone compared these and have an opinion on flow, feedback and size/feel amongst them? I've chosen these because of my previous experience with the brands, and because I'm partial to Rhodium instead of gold accoutrements.

Oh, the purpose if journaling, note taking.