Thread: Clarity on the TWSBI's New Line-Up

Thanks

Default Clarity on the TWSBI's New Line-Up

I don't have a TWSBI yet but I'm 99% sure I'll be purchasing one in the near future. I'm just not that into demonstrators so I've been waiting for the color edition 580s to come out. However, as I've been following TWSBI on facebook I keep seeing updates for new, different models and I'm trying to get a handle on what TWSBI's model line-up will look like to decide if I'm going with a 580 or something else.

I've seen photos of the prototype "Eco", which I've gathered will be more of an entry-level pen. Today they released some new renderings of colored pens and I noticed that they were labeled "Classic" not "580". Are these completely different pens or is that just a re-branding/update of the 580? If they're different are they supposed to be more of a mid-tier model between the 580 and Eco?

Some of the facebook comments lead me to believe I'm not the only one confused about this. Does anyone have a better idea of what TWSBI's lineup will look like once all these pens become available . . . and when they might be available?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Default Re: Clarity on the TWSBI's New Line-Up

The classic is a update to the montessa line and isn't related to the 580. I think the eco and classic are about a year away.
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fountainpenkid For This Useful Post:

theolu (July 4th, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Re: Clarity on the TWSBI's New Line-Up

As far as availability goes for these concepts/prototypes you're seeing, no one has a clue when they'll be released except TWSBI. Sometimes it looks like they'll be out within a couple of months, then for some reason or another (usually an unforeseen manufacturing issue) they get delayed.

Speaking of the pens in subject, the Eco is definitely an entry-level pen and Speedy has stated multiple times that the intended price is around $25-30.

The Classic, as Will said above, is an update to the Montessa line and is a medal bodied pen with the thin profile that will probably be priced around the 580 (total speculation, no word on price has been announced).

I would expect the Eco to be released this year, probably close to the end of the year. The Classic, sometime in 2014. And new colors for the 580 possibly the end of this year.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (July 3rd, 2013), CapeClear (July 5th, 2013), crazystan (July 17th, 2013), fountainpenkid (July 4th, 2013), theolu (July 4th, 2013)