Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need pen help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Re: Need pen help

And heat the section before attempting to knock out the nib and feed. Hard rubber is really brittle until it is heated up.

Thanks

The nib just slid out the front like some of my other pens and slipped back in and held firm, its soaked now where everything is clean and the sac isn't leaking even the tiniest bit. Since I don't have the money to get it fixed and it will be quite a while before I do I'm debating on trying to use it and see if it writes any good to know if it would be one I would continue to use at which point I might try what I can to get the money to get it fixed. If it doesn't write good I might just clean it out and keep it as a keep sake, I don't really know what I'm going to do just yet. The sac is pliable and doesn't feel dried out at all which I'm really surprised at, my father doesn't know where it came from or anything about it he's just been cleaning out his old desk that I think at one point was his dads and found it laying in there

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Also I'm sure this is a dumb question but why are there 2 small holes in the cap, is that for when flying and the changes in pressure or something?

Last edited by mreeveshp; August 4th, 2020 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mreeveshp View Post
    Also I'm sure this is a dumb question but why are there 2 small holes in the cap, is that for when flying and the changes in pressure or something?

Remember that style pen depends on air pressure. The air pressure inside the body and inside the cap need to be pretty much the same or you get ink spurting into cap. There is enough space for air to enter the body and in use through the air channels but the holes allowed the air inside the cap to balance, particularly during the days of no AC and gentlemen wearing a vest and suit coat.