Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need community input to make this forum successful

Thanks

Default Re: Need community input to make this forum successful

Quote Originally Posted by oldstoat View Post
    If negative feedback is not allowed then this simply becomes a claque of sycophants. Something similar has happened on FPN where certain repairers and pen companies cannot be criticised. All one ends up with is gushy praise. Here, I see lots of people being praised, and a few being criticised. The thread on Engeika was helpful-the balance of opinion was "the prices are low, so don't expect perfection" Other critical threads may seem one sided but should stay. There is nothing stopping another customer giving a different point of view, and as adults we should be able to reach our own conclusions.
    AMEN!
    I would add that in answer to the title - we would only need input from persons that have an experience with the company or product! Two good examples of helpful feedback are iPhone apps and Amazon products. People that haven't bought the items don't post feedback or jump all over someone that has because they said something negative. I wonder how many people defended Mr. Crooks in Flounder's post that never did business with him? Let him defend himself! If he doesn't attend our forum, oh well - his loss!

Thanks

Default Re: Need community input to make this forum successful

I don't recall anyone defending Mr Crook (sic). Nor do I recall any of those who were so quick to condemn his workmanship, name and appearance saying that they'd done business with him.

As for "we would only need input from persons that have an experience with the company or product", I agree wholeheartedly.