Thread: MARUZEN 14K M - Streamline Black 125 Years Commemorative Fountain Pen [D Condition]

Thanks

Default MARUZEN 14K M - Streamline Black 125 Years Commemorative Fountain Pen [D Condition]

Up for sale today is a well used Maruzen Fountain pen from about 25 years ago. The 150th year pen came out not that long ago, so I wouldn't call it a vintage pen. Here are some fun facts about this pen:

Maruzen is a department store that is known for stationery and books. The store has been around for a long time and has many branches in Japan. For their modern fountain pens, Maruzen contracts out their work to Pilot. This particular pen is a Pilot made pen and features a smooth 14K Pilot nib. The nib has Maruzen 125 on it and has specific engraving for the store. You can see in the pictures that it also fits the Pilot Con-70 converter, which holds a ton of ink. The great part about this pen is that it is very pretty, is a super reliable and smooth writer, and it holds a ton of ink.

The bad part is that there are noticeable dings on the pen and there is a loss of plating in some places. Whoever had this pen made use of it. I have lowered the price of the pen to get it out of my house as it has been on my table longer than I care for.

https://imgur.com/a/TLIYsMW - more pictures showing issues

SHIPPING COST INCLUDED IN CONUS - $200
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: MARUZEN 14K M - Streamline Black 125 Years Commemorative Fountain Pen [D Conditio

Nib? F, M, B???

Thanks

Default Re: MARUZEN 14K M - Streamline Black 125 Years Commemorative Fountain Pen [D Conditio

Judging from the last photo, I see <m> which I’m guessing would be a medium? I’m sure the seller can clarify. Hope this helps!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kulnet View Post
    Judging from the last photo, I see <m> which I’m guessing would be a medium? I’m sure the seller can clarify. Hope this helps!
    Japanese M so more like a Western F...although if it's Pilot, it might be more towards a western F-M (or F-M?)
    (PS - I LOVE that steampunk keyboard)

Thanks

Yes it is a M Nib, sorry the M in the title was meant to say what the nib size is

Thanks

Sorry M nib

Thanks

bump

Thanks

bump

Thanks

bump