Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More nib uncertainty

Thanks

Default Re: More nib uncertainty

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    I may try an IG ink. There are a couple on the shelf - KWZI IG Gummiberry and ESSRI. So at least there are a couple of colours. The remainder of this year is going to be somewhat experimental it seems!

In terms of fine nibs the finest is either the 823 fine or a Jowo extra fine. A posting nib beckoned for a while, though not strongly enough to make me splash the cash. Anyway, will see how it goes.
    If you were anywhere near me I would offer you to try the PO nib I got, but unfortunate you're far far away....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sworist For This Useful Post:

Empty_of_Clouds (September 2nd, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

I appreciate the suggestion nonetheless. As noted, I may just take the plunge and get one anyway - if I do it will likely be on a 743, so I could swap it into the 823 if desired.

Thanks

Hmm. I've used the PO nib a bit more now, and I think it is worth saying that
    1. It takes a bit to get used to. It's the least pressure I've ever applied on any pen, and there is the unusual downward slope so the nib touches the paper in a different spot than a regular nib with similar pen dimensions
    2. It almost has no line variation whatsoever, other than feathering you might get because of cheap paper.
    3. The pen I have was tuned, so another PO nib might not play as nice as mine. I doubt this however, I have almost never had a issue with modern pen flow above the 100 dollar range, and pilot has always been good about flow and QC.

As for the 743.... memory serves that is the #15 like the 823 just different body shape, and the 742 is the #10 nib. I don't know if it makes a lot of difference here since it's not like the FA where flow matters, but I think overall the #15 is better than the #10 in terms of serviceability and general attractiveness so.... good choice

Keep us updated on your pen endeavors!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sworist For This Useful Post:

Empty_of_Clouds (September 3rd, 2020)