Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
I didn't read much of this because the first thing I got to made me stop and say done.

"This little poker/tail thingie does not come on any ebonite feed that I've seen in the size that's on the plastic housing. I know that the little poker\tail thingie is part of the ink-transduction system that pushes the ink along from the converter up the feed and onto the nib via capillary action."

The breather tube has nothing to do with getting ink to the nib, it is there for filling.

I'll read more later
Thats kewl...but the stock feed on this C/C designed pen has a tail that sticks out the section housing the same way that breather tube in the photo does.
I'm certain that the little breather tube had a wholly different function in the feeds it was created for...but we're not thinking "Stock" here.
We are creating.
New ways for new plays...the old uses for things will be used for new flings!

I explained earlier that when I put the ebonite feed in the C/C-built housing, the ink didn't transmit to the feed. This is because there was not a low enough amount of surface tension in the ink to allow it to pass through the C/C nipple-hole in the section housing to get to the feed. Ink can't move...air can't move...no glug-glug-glug...it's elementary watson!

Even left it sitting for hours to try and let gravity do it's work..nothing.
Tapped on the side of the converter...nothing. Bone dry feed the whole time.
So I primed it with the converter, and it worked...til the feed ran dry...then nothing in the hand but Desert sand my man!

With the "tail" added to the feed the ink now transmits to the ebonite feed from the converter and the fountain pen juices flow!
All fine but a breather tube has nothing to do with getting ink to the feed.

Still need to read more.