Thread: INFO REQ: O-Ring size...

Thanks

Default INFO REQ: O-Ring size...

Greetings everyone,

Would anyone happen to know the O-Ring size on the Penbbs-456? Or where I can find out information on the o-rings? The penbbs etsy site has no info and a general google search yielded nothing but reviews with zero information.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: INFO REQ: O-Ring size...

Do you still have the original? You can print an o-ring chart (make sure you size it correctly on your printer) and compare. Of course, it's more fun to go to a good hardware store.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

azkid (August 28th, 2020), Detman101 (August 28th, 2020)

Thanks

Oh yes, I still have both of the originals. They look like the rubber bands that dentists use on braces.

I picked up a set of carburetor o-rings of the same size from the auto store until I find exact replacements.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Their o-rings are not just small but are also quite thin. In doing o-ring work on pens I've found that both measurements are important. I picked up a box for a few bucks on Amazon that has 740 o-rings in 24 sizes, but even then is it hit or miss. And I didn't have any luck getting the clear o-rings, only black. Probably it is best to do accurate measurement in diameter and thickness and then start sourcing.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (August 28th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Their o-rings are not just small but are also quite thin. In doing o-ring work on pens I've found that both measurements are important. I picked up a box for a few bucks on Amazon that has 740 o-rings in 24 sizes, but even then is it hit or miss. And I didn't have any luck getting the clear o-rings, only black. Probably it is best to do accurate measurement in diameter and thickness and then start sourcing.

Jon,

As always, you're a well of wisdom and advice. You guys were right...none of the o-rings from the auto shop worked. But I've got a set of small o-rings for the future now lol.
    Back to square one. I have no idea how to measure these penbbs o-rings. Maybe they sell a replacement kit on Etsy?
    Im going to still check the local dentists office to take a look at their rubber bands for "Braces"....I have a good feeling those will be closer...maybe...well maybe not...those are probably bigger....lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Time to buy a digital caliper for thickness. I have a cheap one from eBay that's served me beautifully for years.

Will come in handy in many other ways if you tinker.

Follow Fred's advice on diameter.