Thread: Sheaffer Slender Balance 875 w Minuskin Stub

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Slender Balance 875 w Minuskin Stub

Hello Everyone!

I am selling a fantastic green Sheaffer Slim Balance 875 vacuum-filler with a 0.6mm journaling stub by Greg Minuskin that I purchased a few years ago. Since receiving it from Greg, I have inked the pen only once and written maybe a page or two of notes before flushing it and putting it back into my pen box. The pen is quite simply too thin for my sausage fingers, and so I am finally deciding to part with it, even though it has a fantastic nib. The military clip on this pen, though brassed, has a beautiful sort of rainbow color in the light, and will look just as good in your pocket as it did in the pocket of its original owner.

The GOOD: - This pen writes FANTASTICALLY, with a solid wet line, no scratchiness in any direction, and great ink flow for even the faster of note takers. - Horizontal strokes are thin and crisp, while vertical strokes are thick enough to provide even lackluster inks with a chance to sheen. -The pen fills and expels ink perfectly, evidence of a quality restoration by Mr. Minuskin - The pen body is free from major ink staining, and one can see the ink level inside the pen perfectly

The MEH: - There is a single hairline crack in the cap lip of the pen - something common for celluloid balances of this era. It does not impact writing quality, but should be remembered before someone roughly posts the pen. The crack has not widened or expanded, and seems to be very stable, even when (gently) posted - I only found out about it by running my fingernail along the lip of the cap.

My price: was $105

NOW $90 USD including SHIPPING

I am also on the hunt for a Sheaffer PFM, and would be more than willing to put this pen plus cash towards a nice user PFM.

Please find all pictures here:

https://imgur.com/a/pcgZMgI
    Last edited by Tadeusz; September 8th, 2020 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Slender Balance 875 w Minuskin Stub

Bump and price reduced!

Thanks

Bump!

Thanks

Bump again -- price is OBO and includes shipping within the USA, but I am willing to work with international buyers on international shipping!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Out of curiosity how long ago was the filling system restored, and by who if known?